7

OMG! I GOT 1K Reads! THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

-Rose🌹

I walk up the cracked driveway. The gravel and shredded pavement cracks from beneath my feet. Kendall opens the door, and I enter.

Smoke fills the room. "Cameron, so glad you could come." I hear a raspy voice say. I see a man holding a cigarette between his slender fingers.

His black hair swifts to the left, darkening the room. "I'm Ellis." he introduces. Ellis's breath smells like smoke and mint mixed.

His pale complexion makes him seem even creepier. Russ enters the room, " Ellis may seem creepy at first, but he's a good guy and he wants to help.".

Ellis smiles and brings me into a less smoky room. I see a man with dirty blonde hair and green emerald eyes sitting at a desk.

He grins from ear to ear," Cameron! You made it!". It's Chris. He comes over and shakes my hand.

"Thanks for coming." he says.

"No, thank you for telling me when my family was in danger.".

"I had to, what are cousins for?" he laughs.

"So, I traced a few things and did some research. And I think we have our main target." he clicks on a profile of a man named, Damian Forge.

"That's him, that's Damian. And he set my apartment on fire.".

"Well, those two men at your house, are his helpers. Damian on the other hand, has stayed behind. Probably to avoid death or being caught again.".

"Again?" I furrow my brow.

"Yes, again. Damian was in jail, but it says here that he escaped last year and hasn't been spotted since the night before he escaped.".

"Can you find out more?" I ask.

"Um.....let me check." he types on the keyboard and then hits the enter button. "It says here that he's committed eleven murders in the past year, seven children and four adults, and he usually kills people who he had trouble with and their families.".

"Shit." I mutter under my breath."Des and I kind of had some trouble with him.".

"Don't worry, that's why we brought you here. Russ, Ellis, and I are going to help you keep them safe.".

"What about Kendall?" I ask, I have so many questions.

"Sure, she seems nice. But something about her makes me not want to trust her." he sighs.

I nod and scan over Damian's profile once more. "How are we going to catch him, if we don't know where he is or who's working for him?".

"That's why I've recruited Russ and Ellis. They are top FBI agents who can help us.". Russ knocks on the door," Come in.".

Russ and Ellis enter the room. "Chris, we're ready to go.".

"Go where?" I ask.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. We have tracked down one of Damian's men's email and hacked into it, and we found something that I think we should scope out." Chris says while picking up his jacket.

"What are we scoping out?".

"I think its a drug dealer, who's giving a shipment to Damian, who's supposed to be there." we walk out if the room and I follow them into the car.

We drive off towards an old and torn down building. "Mental hospital, shut down nineteen years ago." Ellis speaks. He's basically a Index in the back of a book that knows everything.

"Makes sense. Drug dealers go to mental hospitals." Russ jokes.

"Guys, focus. We have business to take care of." Chris firmly says. We head towards the back of the building. I'm scared to death. Drug dealers, guns, FBI agents, my family at stake, this isn't what I thought would happen when my daughter was born.

I thought that I would be playing with her on the carpet, rolling around laughing and reading to her when she goes to bed, not in a different state trying to save her life!