Chapter 20: Day Care

Andy's POV

*One Week Later*

"Hello sir, how can I help you?" The lady asked, coming out from behind the gate.

"I'm here to drop off my daughter." I said. I had band rehearsal today so, as per agreement, Justine had to go to day care.

"Alright, follow me." She said, walking over to a computer. "What is your daughter's name?"

"Justine Biersack." She typed some things on the keyboard and then the printer roared to life, spitting out a piece of paper. She handed it to me and I grabbed it with my free hand, the other hand holding onto Justine's hand so she didn't run off.

"This is her nametag. She'll just have to wear it until all of the staff learns her name." She told Nikki and I. Denise enrolled Jacob as well so she came with us to drop him off. They went through the same process and he was also given a nametag.

"Jacob, Justine, can you two follow Miss Heather? She'll take you to the other kids." The woman said.

"Otay." They said. We said goodbye to them and they ran off. 

"Can my wife get a tour of the facility? She wasn't able to come when I took my tour." I asked.

"Of course, follow me." She said, leading us through the gate. We started walking through, Nikki getting relatively the same tour as I did. About halfway through,  Carter started crying in his carrier. 

"Hold on one second." Nikki said, putting the carrier on the ground and picking him up. "Ooh, he needs to be changed." She scrunched up her nose.

"I've got it." I said, taking Carter from her and sliding her diaper bag onto my shoulder.

"There's a unisex room up front with a changing table." The woman informed me.

"Thanks." I said, walking away from the group. I quickly changed him and walked around a bit before I found Nikki again. I put Carter back in his carrier but kept the diaper bag so Nikki didn't have a lot to carry. Five minutes later, the tour was over and we were back at the front.

"Thank you so much. He'll be back in a few hours to pick her up."  Nikki said.

"See you then." She smiled as we walked out to the car.

"So, what do you think?" I asked.

"I think it's a really safe place. We'll see if Justine has fun. You did good Andy."

"Yay!" I cheered and Nikki giggled. "Drive safe." I said as I walked her to her car. We took two separate cars so I can go straight to band practice.

"You too." She said as she started to strap Carter's carrier into the car. She finished and closed the door, turning around. We kissed and then she got in the driver's side, turning on the car. "I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I said as she closed the door. I watched her drive away before going to my car. I got in and drove to the space we were having band practice in. 

***

"How can I help you sir?" A different woman asked as I walked into the daycare.

"I'm here to pick my daughter up, Justine Biersack." She walked over to the computer and clicked some things. 

"Can I see an ID?" I flashed my license at her and she looked back at the screen. 

"Alright Mr. Biersack, she'll be right out." She said, going through the gate and walking further back into the building. A few minutes later, she returned, holding Justine's hand.

"DADDY!" Justine screamed when she saw me. The lady opened the gate and Justine ran through. I crouched down and she ran into me, wrapping her tiny arms around me.

"Hey girlie." I smiled, wrapping my arms around her. I picked her up and rested her on my hip. "Did you have fun today?" 

"Yeah! I made a new friend, Chloe."

"That's so great! You have to tell me all about your day on the way home, okay?

"Otay daddy!" She said with a smile.

"Am I good to take her home?" I asked.

"You're all good! Drive safe!"

"Thank you." I said as I walked out to the car. I strapped Justine into her car seat and then got into the car myself, driving home. Justine rambled on about her day for the whole ten minute drive home. I'm happy she had a good time.

*************************************************************************

No ideas!

10 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER