Chapter 19: Search

Chapter 19: Search

Andy's POV

"Thanks for coming with me." I said to Ashley as I pulled away from his house.

"No problem, Justine's future is important to me. So, why exactly are you putting her in daycare?"

"Nikki wants to. She can't take care of Carter and Justine alone, and she doesn't trust me to bring her to band practice. She's only going to be there when I'm not available though."

"Makes sense." He said as we continued driving to the first place. I spent an hour yesterday researching day cares in the area and looking at reviews. I picked five of the best I could find and was bringing Ashley and Justine to go look at them.

The first one was at someone's actual house. At least it was in a nice neighborhood.

"This is strange." I said as I got out of the car. I pulled Justine out of the car as Ashley and I walked up to the front door. There was a sign on the door covered in cartoon suns and rainbows.

Please ring the doorbell :)

I pressed the lit up button that made a sound inside the house. A few seconds later, the door opened.

"Hello?" A cheery woman asked. She was probably around 25 and was thin and blonde. 

"Hi, I talked to you on the phone yesterday about coming to check this place out?"

"Oh, of course! Remind me of your name again?"

"I'm Andy Biersack."

"Nice to meet you." She said, shaking my hand. "And this is you-" 

"My best friend." I cut her off, knowing where she was going with that sentence.

"Hi, I'm Ashley Purdy." He said, shaking her hand.

"And who's this little cutie?" She asked, smiling at Justine.

"Go ahead, tell her your name, honey." I said, prompting Justine.

"Justine." She said.

"Well hi Justine, I'm Miss Elizabeth." She said, looking my daughter in the eyes.

"My wife is at home with our son." I explained.

"Well it's great to have you guys here, let me give you a tour." She said, letting us in.

"So, is this your actual house?" Ashley asked.

"Yes sir." She said, leading us into the living room. There were kids all over the house and at least one adult in each room. Everything was baby proofed so that the children were in no danger.

"So this is the main room. This is where we have indoor play time. Through this door is where we have snack time." She said, leading us into the dining room after unlocking the baby gate. "Notice how the door to the kitchen is locked. While we utilize many rooms in this house, a few are off limits and only the employees have the key to get in. Its for the safety of the kids." She said, leading us back into the living room. She walked to the back door and opened it, leading us outside. I noticed every door had a baby gate in front of it. "Out here is where we have outdoor play time." She said, gesturing to a playscape that had a slide and swings attached. There was a basketball hoop and many balls and even things like jump rope and chalk for the kids to play with.

She led us back into the house where she closed and locked the door, leading us back through the living room and into a hallway. Here's one of the bathrooms." She said, opening a door that showed many bathroom modifications for children including a stool in front of the sink, hand washing posters and even one of those child sized add on seats on the toilet. She gave us a tour of the rest of the house and then we returned to the entryway.