Chapter 1: Jacob and Denise

ANDY'S POV

I walked away from the sink drying my hands as I heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it!" I yelled to my wife. I pulled open the door and saw a woman standing there with a little boy in who arms who looked to be about two.

"Hello, My name is Denise and this is my son Jacob. We just moved here and wanted to meet the neighbors." She said with a smile. I smiled back at her, she seemed nice enough. She didn't run screaming when she saw my tattoo's so that's a good sign.

"Well hello there Denise. My name is Andy. My wife and my daughter Justine live here with me. Let me go get them." She nodded as I ran upstairs. "Come on babe, you gotta meet someone, grab Justine." She looked confused but picked up Justine and I lead the way downstairs. "This is Denise and her son Jacob, they just moved here." The two women shook hands

"Pleasure to meet you Denise. I'm Nikki, I hope you like it here." Nikki said with a smile. "If you're not busy, I'd love to invite you in for coffee."

"That sounds great." Nikki and I stepped out of the way to let her in.

"Oh, and this is our daughter Justine." She said with a smile, bouncing Justine on her hip. "If you want, I can lead you upstairs so the kids can play upstairs." Denise nodded and followed Nikki to the stairs.

"Andy, can you make some coffee?"

"Sure." I said, walking into the kitchen. A few minutes later, the girls walked down, taking a seat at the kitchen table. The coffee was finally ready and I poured it into three mugs, giving two to the women. I sat down next to Nikki and took a sip.

"So, how old is Jacob?" Nikki asked.

"Two."

"Same age as Justine." Nikki said with a smile. "So, are you a single mom?" She nodded, stiring her coffee a bit.

"My husband and I divorced shortly after Jacob was born."

"So, he's your only kid?" Nikki asked and Denise nodded.

"What about you guys, do you only have one?" We both nodded.

"Justine was sort of a surprise so..." Nikki shrugged, taking a sip of her coffee. "But we made it work. We had Justine, got married and moved in together. So it all worked out in the end." Nikki said with a smile.

"I'm surprised you didn't run screaming when you saw my tattoo's." I laughed.

"I actually know who you are."

"Really?" I asked with raised eyebrows and she nodded.

"My little sister is a big fan of your band, she's like seventeen."

"Oh, that's cool. So yeah, when you go talk to the other neighbors, just be prepared for their comments about me." I slightly chuckled, running my fingers through my hair.

"Actually, I'd like to ask a small favor of you."

"Sure, what is it?"

"It's my sister's birthday and I kind of forgot to get her something. I've been overwhelmed with moving and everything. Do you think you could give her a call?"

"Of course, do you have your phone on you?" She nodded and pulled out her phone, dialing her sister's number and handing the phone to me. I put it to my ear and waited for her sister to pick up.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Veronica."

"Hey sis." Her sister chimed on the other line.