Chapter 8

"So... do you not have alpha blood then?" Axel asked me, we were sat in my room as I checked over some paperwork.

"No, why do you ask?" I hate to say it but I know that I was acting differently towards him now, I was more used to him being around me, and my wolf wanted to badly to accept him.

"Well, I mean you are practically the strongest alpha around, and that has nothing to do with your bloodline?" He stared at me, waiting for me to reply.

"I taught myself to be stronger," I said, not looking him in the eye.

"Could you teach me?" He asked longingly.

I looked up to meet his gaze, my wolf was trying to move my lips for me, to make me say yes, instead I told him "Strength comes from the inside, it is not something that can be taught."

"You taught your pack."

"I didn't teach them how to be strong, I taught them how to to find it themselves."

"Oh," He sighed, leaning back on the bed. I narrowed my eyes at him, not missing how the movement caused him to be closer to me.

"Do you like your pack?" He asked.

"Of course, why on earth wouldn't I?" I snarled.

He put his hands up in mock surrender, "I don't know, you just don't seem like the kind of person who-"

I cut him off with a glare, "Who?"

He looked uncomfortable, "I guess to most people it would seem like you... hated everything."

"Maybe they're right." I whispered.

He looked shocked, "No they're wrong." He said firmly, "I've only known you for a few days and I can tell you don't hate everything."

"That's because of the bond, nothing else."

"No," He said, "There's something about you... something good. And I'm going to find it."

I sighed, rolling my eyes, "Good luck with that."

"Thanks!" He grinned, not noticing my sarcasm. "It's something familiar..." he paused, "Like Avery."

I stopped what I was doing to glare at him, "I am nothing like her."

"I don't know why you are so against that, she was lovely."

My wolf was practically yapping inside of me, she loved his complements.

I simply shook my head, "She was weak, she let emotions ruin her."

"Nah, she was great." He stopped again to look at me.

My fist was clenched around the pencil I was holding, and my other hand was curled up tight into a ball, my mouth was set into a hard line, and he noticed it all as I saw his eyes dart around me.

"You're jealous." He said, slightly surprised.

I gave him a murderous look, "You know the only reason I haven't killed you yet is because this week isn't up yet."

He simply shook his head, "Nah you'll accept me by the end of it."

My eyes widened, "Well you see the thing is, I don't want a mate, and I certainly don't want a bloody alpha mate." I growled.

"Why? Because the girls like alpha's?" He chuckled.

"No. Because if I accepted them I'd have to leave my pack." I looked down at my paper.

"Oh." He said, causing an awkward silence, "Well we could work through that!"

I raised an eyebrow, "Really?" I said sarcastically.