Chapter 5

"Alpha? Alpha are you ok?" A voice yelled through my mind, causing me to whip up into the upright position as I lay in my bed. I noticed Axel lying on the ground looking uncomfortable.

I lay back down, not wanting to wake the sleeping alpha while I tried to figure out where the voice was coming from - it was not one from my pack.

"Alpha!" The voice screeched, causing Axel to whip up. He could hear it too?

Then it clicked - I was hearing his pack link.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Alpha! Where have you been? You were supposed to come back immediately! It hasn't kidnapped you has it?" They asked worriedly.

Axel groaned from the floor, "No she hasn't kidnapped me." I realised that he had been referring to me as 'it' I scoffed, how rude.

"Then what happened?" The voice asked.

"I-" Axel paused, "I found my mate."

I held in a breath, I didn't want word spreading that I had a mate!

"You- what? Our Luna? You found her?"

"Yeah but uh, she doesn't exactly want me so... I'll probably not be back til the end of the week." He sighed.

"She what? What kind of idiot would reject you?"

Axel growled, "Don't call her an idiot."

I felt my body relax as my eyes softened, he defended me even though he should hate me?

"And well I... i have a plan. In this week I'm going to win her back."

I internally groaned, I didn't want him to get close to me. I know why he said that - the mate bond.

There is absolutely nothing I can compare it too, it's like an invisible force that pulls you together. When you touch sparks fly, imagine having been deeply in love with someone for years, except you can feel the love every time you touch. And you've known them a day.

Axel didn't want me for me, he wanting me because there was a force that attracted him to me.

If all those years ago I had of felt the mate bond, maybe things would be different.

Maybe I'd be able to love him.

Yes, I have feelings for him, but only because of the bond.

But I couldn't let it distract me, I wouldn't let it.

I had to avenge my packs death, even if it turned out I have one less person to get revenge for.

"Do you think it will work?"

"I hope so. She... she reminds me of Avery." Axel spoke softly.

I sucked in a breath, so he had made the link between us.

"the girl that got killed?" The voice asked.

"Yeah." He paused, "But... sh- the alpha told me something."

"what?"

"S-Skylar told me that she knew about her, and she... she said that she deserved to die." He had a moment of silence. "I think that... I think that it was her who killed her."

"Well at least it wasn't your mate who killed her." The voice said softly.

"Yeah." Axel said.

I took a deep breath, "Actually I did kill her." I spoke through their mind link.

"Who the hell is that!" The voice roared.

"Skylar get out of my head!" Axel shot up out of his position on the ground and yelled at me through his mind.