Chapter 10

When I woke alarm bells were ringing in my head, no it wasn't the distance between myself and Axel. He was much closer to me than usual, and I couldn't even bring myself to move.

But there was something else... the pack...

I sat bolt upright, there was an unexpected visitor.

Immediatelty I got up, intent on sniffing out the scent.

It was vaguely familiar, that's when it hit me. It was someone from Axels pack.

Maybe it was best not to involve Axel himself.

I got up and ran from the room, ignoring the protests coming from behind me as the shrieking noise woke up Axel.

I was stunned to find that it was light outiside, even since i had made this pack i had woken early, unable to sleep.

What was that boy doing to me?

He soon caught up to me, and despite my own protests he ended up staying, not yet having smelt the scent of the intruder.

I could tell that the wolf was powerful, I would guess it was Axel's beta.

When we finally came across him, he was stood infront of the packhouse, he appeared confident but one thorough glance at him told me he was shaking with nerves.

Once Axel spotted him he grabbed my wrist and tugged us both forward, releasing me, he rushed to give the wolf one of those 'man-hug' things, causing the wolf to yell out, clearly not immediately recognising his alpha.

"Hey Damen! Long time no see." Axel grinned, happy to have a friend here. He must be lonely, I was his only company here and I tried to ignore him most of the time, however much this upset my wolf.

"Yeah, man this place is creepy." the beta said, shivering slightly.

"Really? I quite like it." Axel went on, not noticing the odd look Damen gave him, "So what brings you here?"

"We need to discuss how the pack will be run while you're away." He spoke, "So... where exactly is the luna? Has she already accepted you?"

He turned to look behind Axel, when he spotted me, his face paled, having only just sensed my presence. How this wolf managed to be a beta I have no idea, his senses are truly appaling.

"W-why is she here?" He stammered.

Axel turned to face me for a brief second before opening his mouth, "She-"

I cut him off, "My pack, my land, I can be where I want to."

Axel frowned, I supposed he was wondering why I didn't let him tell his beta I was his mate.

"So... can I meet the new Luna?" The beta asked hopefully.

"Not now..." Axel said, confusion in his tone of voice.

I watched as the beta's face fell before he quickly composed himself.

We ended up sat in the pack kitchen while Axel spoke to his beta about the arrangements for the pack.

I was only slightly paying attention, but I knew enough to know that his pack was expecting him to bring back a luna.

It made me uncomfortable that it wasn't going to happen.

Axel didn't deserve to be mateless, but deserved me even less.

I knew that I was doing the right thing, despite everything my heart was telling me.

Just sitting here now, my mate so close to me, I was desperate to just grab him and kiss him, I wanted him to mark me so bad that I burned for it, I didn't even have to touch him to feel the sparks that flicker between us as we move.