Chapter 6

Taking a deep breath, I revelled in the natural aroma of the forest, clothed in a fitted black vest top and leggings, I closed my eyes, tuning into my other senses.

The calm breeze that rustled the tree's above me, the faint trace of my pack members trails across the colourful leaves.

But most of all, the annoying breathing of Axel right beside me.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I couldn't leave his side, and I hated it.

Whenever I stepped even an inch out of the 'safe zone' a piercing shriek would screech through both of our minds, and although it was somewhat bearable, Axel always came running after me, wanting to get rid of the noise.

Granted, I wouldn't have much peace with the noise but it's still better than this.

So it had been decided for me that I was to stay within a meter of Axel till the end of the week, but I had a couple of questions for him first that needed to be answered.

Snapping my arm out and grabbing his wrist, I sucked in a breath as the tingles raced up my arms, I kept a straight face, but inside I was feeling slight amusement at the shock on Axel's face, along with the confusion.

I think he still finds it hard to believe exactly who his mate is, and I don't blame him.

I pulled him along behind me, I knew he would happily follow me anyway, but I wanted to keep a fast pace.

He seemed stunned at my sudden change in pace.

I pulled him along till we reached my truck, and shoved him towards the passenger side where he quickly climbed in while I got in the drivers side.

"You have a driver's license?" was the only question he thought to ask.

I gave him a look, and he continued to speak, "I mean, what instructor would.."

I cut him off with a glare. "No I don't have a drivers license."

He quickly nodded, after a while of driving he spoke up again, "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere quiet."

He thought about my answer for a moment, and decided to nod, understanding that we needed to talk.

When we reached our destination, I pulled the car up and got out, leading Axel deep into the woods.

I could hear the wildlife around us, the tiny insects hearts thumping along with Axel's.

When we got far enough in that there was a large clearing, I sat down on a log.

Axel sat down next to me, and for once I didn't bother to stop him.

"I want to know about the girl... Avery was it?" I asked.

I saw a spark in his eye as I said the name, "She was my best friend." He smiled.

"We did everything together, she was amazing, I was so sure..." he trailed off, a frown etching it's way onto his face.

"That you'd be mates?" I asked. "She wanted that too."

In that moment our eyes met, and I held his gaze for what seemed like forever before I finally looked away, it was like he was seeing into my soul.

"Does that mean she's still alive?" he asked hopefully, breaking the tension.

"No." I said bluntly.

He didn't speak for awhile, "My entire pack was brilliant actually, I was the soon to be alpha, there wasn't anyone really horrid or anything, everything was good, and I had Avery."

He smiled again, but then turned to me, "Aren't you jealous?" I raised an eyebrow at his question and shrugged, causing him to frown.

"But yeah, Avery was... she was everything to me, it killed me knowing she died, and I couldn't do anything to save her... from you."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You killed her... and I know why."

I raised an eyebrow, "Because she was weak." I spat out at him.

He flinched, "No, because you want to be the only white wolf! You saw her shift and you decided you wanted to be the rarest of them all, you couldn't handle there being another one like you!"

I felt my eyes widen slightly, "It all makes sense now... you knew who she was, you knew about my pack... your pack... is the one that attacked us!"

My eyes narrowed into thin slits, and I felt rage boil up inside of me, "You don't know anything! You want to know who attacked your pathetic pack! Bloodmoon pack, not me, I didn't touch your oh so precious pack!" I growled at him.

He looked stunned, "But... I..."

"Yeah." I scoffed.

"The attack was so sudden... it was like they came out of nowhere, we didn't even see them coming.

It didn't matter that we had everyone in the pack fighting, they all died, I was the only survivor."

"How did you survive?" I asked.

"I almost died but... I don't know what happened, after they attacked... they all started running off in the direction Avery went in... I was the only one left behind. I figured it had to have been you... why would anyone else send there entire pack after just one girl... who had only just shifted?"

"I had nothing to do with the attack Axel." I fought back a blush as I said his name, it felt so right coming from my lips.

"How did you know?" He asked.

My eyes flashed to his, "I know everything."

_________________

A/N - So short I know, I just wanted to get something up.

Vote, comment + fan if you liked it!

Criticism is soooooo appreciated!!

Next update should be longer...

And I do actually have a good reason for the late update!

I've had exams all week, and I needed to revise soo yeah :)