Chapter 1

-4 years later-

"Skylar!" Blaine shouted, looking like a puppy that was about to be given a treat.

"Yes Blaine?" I grinned, watching his childish behaviour.

"Rogues." He said excitedly.

I nodded, smiling along with him, "How many?" I asked.

"11" he yipped.

"Big group, this oughta be fun." I smirked. "location?"

"Up north by the old pack house." He informed me.

4 years ago the dark moon pack resided in this territory, it was four years ago that I had teamed up with Blaine, and we began to train each other, being a white wolf, i instinctively knew some fighting techniques, and in return for proper training, I taught Blaine how to stay in tune with his senses a little more.

Back then we were just starting out, we didn't have anything but the clothes on our backs and the knowledge in our head.

We caught wind of the alpha passing away from the dark moon pack, and knew that the pack would be at it's weakest. We heard the news from passing rogues, rogues were thought of as vicious, but honestly most of them were only rogues because they had been kicked out or just didn't like the rules. Rogues had a strange community, they might attack packs but generally they leave other rogues alone, they aren't looking for trouble, sometimes they just happen to find it.

The rogues we had spoken too wanted to be in a pack more than anything, but no one would take them, there was only three of them, but were getting denied everywhere just because they weren't too used to pack life, they'd been rogues for too long. So we decided to band together, we figured if we could get some territory then we'd be able to become a proper pack, and we decided that I would be the alpha.

Yes a female alpha, in the wolf world females are viewed as weak, but honestly, I was the first white wolf in a heck of a long time, so I personally didn't care about the 'unspoken rules' for being an alpha, and neither did the rogues.

Besides, being a white wolf came with some pretty awesome benefits, for instance I was able to hear another packs alpha order if it was through mind link, and sometimes if I get really mad, I can move things with my mind, but that happens once in a blue moon.

But anyway, we decided that we would attack the dark moon pack, try and claim their territory.

Of course once we got there and told them they could either hand it over willingly and join our pack or we would fight them for it. Naturally they wanted to keep their territory, however about 4 of them actually joined us.

But the other 36 of them weren't so easy to give it over, they didn't take me seriously, since I was female.

Now that really riled me up, so you can imagine what happened next.

I just snapped, no literally I actually just snapped the beta's neck with my mind. That was when I discovered that particular gift.

It really scared the rest of the pack I'll tell you that. With no authority, they didn't know what to do, it was pretty easy to attack from that point.

A couple more joined us, the rest we killed. Bringing our groups total to 12, which, fair enough was pretty small for a pack, and yes we were a pack then, considering we had territory.

However we had managed to take on a pack of 40, and word was starting to get around.

The pack's territory was pretty good, uneven land meant that it was harder to attack, the dark moon pack hadn't used this to their advantage though, so we quickly taught ourselves how to handle our land.