Chapter Ten

Hey everyone, this chapter is more of a filler chapter than anything else :)

Enjoy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Ten: I don't deserve you

Letters To Jasmine

Chapter Ten

"I'm sorry I ruined our date," I whispered, Troy had his arm wrapped around my shoulder as we layed in his ed. He was on his second cup of tea while I was still on my first. Troy wasn't joking when he said that British people love their tea.

"As long as I got to spend time with you, it was amazing." I felt his lips press softly onto the crown of my head. A flutter tore through my stomach, making my heart race just a bit faster.

"I don't deserve you," I said, he shook his head and brought my face up to his.

Looking me in the eyes he said, "It's me that doesn't deserve you," I smiled up at him and quickly pressed my lips to his in a tender peck.

We just layed in silence for a few minutes after that, both asorbed in out own thoughts. I liked this, I liked the peace and happiness that came along with having Troy by my side.

"Do you want me to come with you to the hospital tomorrow?" He asked, I curled up into his side and smiled. The pillow idea had been forgotten a long time ago and I'm pretty sure if a normal teenager was put into this situation where she had to share a bed with someone as -ahem- handsome as Troy, they would flip. And by flip I mean they would go running around town screaming that he wanted to rape them but I know Troy, he would never do anything like that and I knew for a fact that he would never try something that I wasn't comfortable with.

"I'd really appreciate that."

"Anything for you," He whispered as his arms tightened around me. I sighed sleepily and made myself comfortable, my head on Troy's chest and one arm wrapped around his waist.

"Goodnight, my love."

-*-

"First, all that you need to know is that you're Mother isn't going to die today, tomorrow or anytime soon that much I can reassure you," Troy squeezed my hand in support. We had arrived at the hospital soon after school had finished. Cynthia had offered me a ride ut I told her, rather bashfully that Troy was dropping me off, I had failed to mention that he would be staying here the whole time just holding my hand.

 Sighing to myslf I pushed all thought to the back of my mind and tried listening to what the Doctor explain what was wrong with my Mother.

"Your Mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, I had asked her countless times to let you and your Father in on the secret but she said she would tell you at her own time," I looked up at my Dad, a silent question masking my expression, 'You didn't know?'  Sadly, he shook his head.

"Luckily the tumour wasn't too big so it was a quick procedure," The Doctor smiled and fixed the stethoscope are his neck.

"Well would you mind telling us why she's back in hospital?" My Father asked, getting up from the hard hospital seats. I was waiting for this moment to come when I knew that there was bad news and everyone would feel sorry for my Father and I.

"It seems as if the cancer has developed in her hungs, we're running a few tests at the moments so once we get the results we'll remove it," My heart stammered against my ribs, I guess i was lucky that if I did break a rib that I was already at a hospital.

I stopped listening after that, my Father and Dr Xavier were talking about operations and the size of the tumour, those weren't things I wanted to know about. I wanted to know if my Mom was going to be okay.

A few minutes later Dr Xavier excusd himself saying that he had a patient to attend to, My Father look Troy and I expctantly, hands on his hips and a dark eyebrow raised.

"What is going on here?" He asked, gesturing to our still intertwined hands.

"Mr Forrest I can explain," Troy started, he released my hand and stood up, "My name is Troy CarMichael, I'm Trey's nephew." My Dad shook Troys outstrected had with a firm grip, his eyes challenging and calculating.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," If I wasn't so scared that my Dad was going to pummel Troy I would be swooning at his gentleman way, no joke.

"Yes, it is." My Dad finally let go of Troys hand and he turned his attention to me. Slowly I slid down in my seat, trying to make myself disappear.

That cracked a smile from my Dad, "Are you going to explain to me what's going on? Since lover boy over there won't." He told me, jerking his thumb in Troy’s direction.

"It's kind of complicated Daddy,"

"Then uncomplicate it," My Dad said, I could sense my Dad was getting irritated with the situation so I knew it was for the best to leave this for a different time and place.

"Daddy can we talk about this another time? I have homework to do and I'm pretty tired," I told my Dad, faking a yawn.

My Dad didn't look fully convinced but nodded his head anyway, "I'll see you later, sweetie. Sleep well." He whispered as we hugged.

"You too Daddy. Go home and get some sleep, okay? I don't think Mom will like it if she sees you like this," I told him softly. My Dad looked like he hadn't slept for days and as if he had bought his clothes from a hobo.

He nodded his head again and turned to leave. I turned to leave but then thought twice, maybe I should go say bye to my Mom.

Troy followed me silently but waited outside the room as I had asked. I stepped into the room and looked around, it looked exactly like it had last time except now there were flowers and in the air was a 'Get well soon' balloon, a beeping noise filled the silence and if you listened closely you could hear my Mother's soft breathing.

"Hey Mommy," I walked to her bed and sat down on one of the chairs, I held her hand, "I hope you're feeling better. I just wanted to come and tell you that I love, you know that right?" By now the tears were streaming down my face, sniffles echoed through the room.

Sniffling once more I got up and placed a delicate kiss on her forehead.

Outside Troy grabbed my hand again and led us to his truck when we reached it he opened the door and helped me in.

"Thanks," I muttered shyly, playing with the seatbelt.

"Now problem," He smiled. He stood there for a few seconds before he turned my head towards his, "You know I'll always be here for you," I nodded my head.

"Good," His lips stretched out in a smile before he bent his head and closed the distance between us. It was a short kiss but it still made my curls toe, Troy was as gentle as ever with his one hand caressing my cheek while the other was tilting my head up towards his.

"Thanks for that," I smiled as he pulled away.

"Anything for you,"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there it is :)

Hope you enjoyed. Sorry about any spelling/grammar mistakes :)

Vote,comment or fan?

OhMandyXD