Chapter Sixteen

Simple Plan- Summer Paradise

Chapter Sixteen

“Hey,” Cynthia greeted me. We both stood outside the school, my body language stiff while hers was standing in an awkward stance.

“Do you want a ride home?” She asked hesitantly. I looked at her from the corner of my eye, she looked nervous and she kept fixing the bag on her shoulder.

“I’m okay.” I told her with no emotion. I nodded my head in her direction and started walking back to my house.

-*-

Two weeks passed in a blur. In between school and thinking about Troy I didn’t notice much, it was like my life was on fast forward and my remotes batteries had run out and I couldn’t slow it down.

The only good thing about time going so fast is that today was the last day of school and then we would be having Winter break, so I wanted to take the chance to use my plane ticket to fly to London. I just needed my parents’ permission.

Mr Travis gave my phone back, warning me that if he caught me using it during school hours again he was going to keep it permanently. I just rolled my eyes and tried to not laugh in his face.

Once the final bell had rung I switched on my phone, crossing my fingers in hope to see a text from Troy. I nearly squealed in delight when I saw I had about ten text messages from Troy and about twenty missed calls and a whole bunch of voice mails.

Bringing the phone to my ear my heart clenched as I heard his voice, “Jasmine, I love you. Please answer your phone or am I too late? Emily told me you had phoned while I was sleeping. If you get this please phone me.

I was about to listen to the next one; just to hear his voice when someone put the hand on my shoulder.

“Hey Jas,” Zac grinned, pulling me in for a hug.

Pulling away I smiled at him, “Hi Zac.” Zac looked pretty cute today, a blue beanie covered the top of his blonde hair. His legs cocooned in a pair of well fitted jeans and a green t-shirt. Zac had a really cute butt, I thought with an inner giggle.

“Want a ride?” He offered, I nodded my head with a big smile.

Zac slung his arm around my shoulder and guided me to his car, opened the door for me and closed it as I got in. Two doors opened simultaneously, the driver’s side and one at the back, craning my neck backwards I was met with a grinning Adam. Giving him a slow smile in return I turned back again and watched Zac turn on the engine and reverse from his parking spot before driving out of the parking lot.

“How come she gets to sit in front?” Adam asked, I could hear the pout in his voice. Turning around I stuck my tongue at him which in return he did the same but put his pointer and middle finger on either side of it, making weird sounds at the back of his throat.

My eyes widened as I realised what he was doing, scrunching up my nose in disgust I let out a long ‘ew’ causing Adam to bark out a laugh, I grumbled lowly to myself and turned to look at the road again, from the corner of my eye I could see Zac giving me an amused smile.

Huffing and crossing my arms over my chest I stared out the window, watching the sun play different colours on the ocean. In the distance I saw the tail fin of a dolphin surface the water, pressing my face against the window I stared at it in amazement. In all of my eight years of living here I had never once seen a dolphin, pathetic I know.

Suddenly the window opened, making me lose my balance and nearly fall out of the car if it had not been for the arm that curled around my waist, pulling me back into the car.

“Thanks,” I told him quickly before I leaned half way out of the car again, trying to get a better view of the dolphins that I saw. Three tail fins emerged this time, the biggest one on the far side, a much smaller one in the middle and then a fairly sized one closet to the shore.

The beautiful site disappeared as we rounded the last corner that led to my house, sighing disappointed I fell back into my seat.

The rest of the ten minute ride was silent until the idiot named Adam ruined it with his big fat mouth.

“Who was the guy Cynthia was talking about a few weeks back?” He asked, pushing half of his body between the two front seats. The smile that was stapled to my face disappeared at the mention of Troy. Who was Troy?

“You want the truth?” He nodded.

“Frankly, I don’t know.” It wasn’t the truth but it wasn’t a lie either. All that I really knew about Troy was his name, some random facts and some other useless pieces of information like the fact that he hates swimming. I don’t even know his last name!

Adam didn’t get chance to reply because Zac pulled up to my driveway and I got out before anything was said resulting in me breaking down in uncontrollable tears. Shouting my thanks to Zac I run up to my front door and quickly unlocked it, pushing the door open and slamming it closed behind me I slid down onto the floor. Pulling my knees up to my chest I set my phone on the floor and played the voicemails Troy left for me, over and over.

When I woke up again I was in my bedroom, cuddled up to my favourite pillow. I could hear the faint tapping of my father’s laptop downstairs. The drip that hadn’t stopped since we had moved into the house, no matter how many times a plumber had come and checked it out.

Glancing at the alarm clock on my bedside the big red numbers indicated that it was nine pm. Stretching like a cat I rolled over and fell on the floor with a loud thump, too lazy to get up I just laid on the floor, sheets entangled between my legs and using my arms as pillows.

My phone started buzzing next to me, flinging out a lazy arm I snatched it up and answered.

“Hello?” My voice was filled with sleep, it was silent on the other side of the line as I waited for a reply.

“Hello?” I tried again, getting up and sitting on my bed, feeling more awake than I was a few seconds ago. My breath caught in my throat as I heard the other person speak.

“Hey Jaz,"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's short and sorry for any mistakes.

Vote,comment and fan :)

OhMandyXD