Chapter Five

Don't really have much to say! Just hope that the people who are reading my stories are enjoying them!

Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five: I love you, too.

It was a coincidence right? Lots of people named their children Troy ,I thought as I walked through the hospital, looking for my mothers room.

I stopped when I reached room 183, I peeked through the blinds and saw my mother laying on the bed, eyes closed with numerous tubes stuck into her arms. My eyes blurred with tears, my mother was really laying in a hospital bed.

I took a deep breath and opened up the door as quietly as I could, my father sat in a corner near the bed, holding my mothers motionless hand. He looked up as I entered the room but didn't say anything and he looked down again.

My mothers face was pale but beautiful nonetheless, I had gotten most of my looks from my mother. I inherited her light green eyes and gorgeous brunette hair that was always as straight as a ruler. I didn't look much like my father, I guess I had just gotten his stubbornness and short temper.

"What happened?" I asked silently as I took the remaining seat.

"She collapsed at work and Trey called me." He told me. Ah, good old Trey. A family friend since I had been born, he moved here about two years before I was born and started working in the same Law Firm as my Mom. They became friends rather quickly and even my father liked him, and that says alot.

"Oh," I replied while staring out the window, the sky had turned a navy blue and I saw lightning strike in the distance,"Do you know what's wrong?"

He nodded his head.

"Well?" I asked him annoyed.

"Your mother has cancer." He said solemnly. My heart stopped, my grandmother had died of cancer when I was about ten. I don't remember much of it.

Why my Mom? I repeated the same question over and over in my head, hoping that someone would answer me. When no answer came I finally let the tears come, my dad got up from his chair and walked around to me. Much to my surprise he pulled me up and wrapped me up in his arms but I didn't hesitate to return the hug. I needed my Daddy.

After a while he pulled away and held me at arms length, I could understand why my mother had fallen in love with him. My father was truly dashing, with his stormy grey eyes and black hair, I'm pretty sure he was quite the ladies man back in the day. I let out a quiet chuckle at the thought. My dad cracked a smile and finally released me.

This was it right? My family was going to fall apart, my Mom was going to die. Why couldn't it have been me? Why my Mom?

"I'm gonna ask Trey to send his nephew to come and pick you up and then you could quickly go home, get a few necessities and spend the night at his. Okay?" He asked and I nodded, I really wanted to stay here with my mom but I knew that I couldn't, I had school tomorrow.

As my father made the call I walked to my moms bed and placed a light kiss on her forehead," Love you, Mommy." I whispered and turned to face my dad as he ended the call.

"His nephew will wait for you at the entrance, he said he'll be in a black pick-up truck." My dad told me as he picked up my bag and handed it to me. I took it and gave him a quick hug.

"I love you Daddy." I sobbed into his chest again.

"I love you, too." He whispered and I felt his tears fall onto my head. He squeezed me one last time before I made my way out of the room, down the hall and out the entrance. I stood outside, hugging myself until I saw the black pick-up truck. When it parked infront of the entrance I quickly ran to the passenger door and jumped in.