C17

Yes you are not imagining this.

I'm actually really updating :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Seventeen

My heart sunk into my gut.

It wasn't him.

'Hey Cynthia, what's up?' I tried to sound enthusiastic. Hopefully my acting skills had improved since that one time during drama class...

'I heard Zac gave you a ride home! How cute is he?' She all but shrieked my ear off. I tried to find it in myself to be as excited as she was but my heart felt as heavy as led. Yes, Zac was really cute but I hardly knew the guy and even if I did I doubt we would even have a lot in common.

'Cynthia, you Troy is still in the picture...' I reminded not only her but myself too.

'You still stuck on him? Girl, it's time to move on.' It was at times like these when I remembered how inconsiderate my best friend was.

'You don't just move on from someone who you loved in two days, Cyn.' I just felt as if I couldn't move on even if I tried.

'Okay, I understand. See you tomorrow.' We said our good byes and hung up.

My stomach rumbled reminding me that I haven't eaten in 24 hours and that I was in need for some good comfort food. Throwing on a hoodie I ventured downstairs into the kitchen only to find the refrigerator completely empty.

Making my way towards my Dad's office I knocked and opened the door when I heard a grunt of approval.

'Hey Dad, there's no food in the fridge do you mind if I order some pizza?' I asked and grinned when my Dad nodded his head. Little did he know I was going to order a bucket load of dessert too. With my master plan in action I skipped off to the house phone.

-

Zac picked me up for school the next morning and he didn't bring Adam. That alone made my smiled stretch across my whole face and Zac caught on quickly.

'Come on, he's not that bad!' He said with a chuckle as I fastened the seatbelt around me.

'Uh, he's actually worse.' I told him with a straight face. He smiled and shook his head, placing his hand on the back of my seat and turning around to back out of my driveway.

He didn't move it away.

'Uh, how are you going to shift gears?' I asked, feeling a little uncomfortable.

'It's an automatic.' He replied.

Shit. Think of something Jasmine!

'I would feel more comfortable if you drove with two hands on the wheel.' I mentally high-fived myself.

'Okay.' He took his time removing his arm and deliberately brushed his fingertips across my shoulder. I suppressed a shudder.

Why was he acting like this?

I stopped myself from letting out a cry of joy when we pulled into the school parking lot. Grabbing my backpack I got out as soon as the car stopped.

Not waiting for him I walked to the school building seeing Cynthia and Adam in a heated conversation.

'Am I interrupting something?' I questioned as I walked up to them. Adam's back tensed and Cynthia's eyes went wide indicating that they were obviously not expecting me to be there.

'No of course not!' Cynthia exclaimed pushing Adam out of the way and linking arms with her. Adam glared at her and shook his head, turning to Zac when he joined our little group. They did the whole man hug thing and then turned to us.

'Why'd you rush off?' Zac asked me, I looked down when they all three turned to me curiously. Cynthia nudging me in the ribs.

'Uh, I wanted to study for my geometry test so I'm going to go to the library.' I pulled myself away from the three musketeers and waved.

Thanking my quick thinking I made my way in the general direction of the library and re-deciding to take a quick detour to the ladies room.

Inside the bathroom I entered a cubicle and wiped the seat, not knowing what diseases this one small object could have.

I heard the door open and two voices that resembled screeching cats waltzed in. I could hear the applying of lip gloss and the smacking of lips.

'Did you hear of that hot guy from England who is fifth in line to the throne is having a ball?' Screeching cat #1 said. I heard the swish of extensions and then screeching cat #2 spoke.

'I did! He's so dreamy. What's his name again?' I think my ears are bleeding.

'Troy something.'

What?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's short. I'm sorry. I let my fans down but when something goes down it's gotta get up? Okay that sounded waaaay better in my head.

Please let me know what you think :)

OhMandyXD