Ch. 20 If I'm a Werewolf Princess, why are Vampires making my life so difficult?

Keiko's POV

Day's went by and it was already Thursday. Mr. Henry said every Friday or Saturday, there would be a party. During these days I went to class and went to training. Amanda was really improving. Of course she was also the most injured but her determination was amazing. I might have a little warrior on my hands. I noticed that Isaiah was a little distant but it was nothing for me to get concerned about. Class was boring today. Between Claire rubbing in the fact that she's engaged to Prince Jordon and her tormenting me, I'm tired. Now it's time to go train. We walked through the door and saw the shed open. We headed towards it.

"Troy are you in there," asked Ms. Tiff. Mr. Troy was bent over with his head underneath some cloth. "Yeah! Tiff can I use your magic," he asked. Ms. Tiff ran towards him. They started whispering silently and then a wall started to float in the air. Then it disappeared along with some tires and cones. Oh ancestors! What are we doing today? Mr. Troy stood up and walked towards us. Then He said, "If you would follow me, I would be delighted." He started to walk out of the shed and we followed. I wore my hair in a bun since that incident. Isaiah was next to me. "Hey Isaiah," I said. "Hey Keiko. How are you feeling," he asked. "I'm doing fine. Why?" "I'm not sure. You just seem...troubled." Troubled? I haven't been feeling troubled. Maybe confused but that's only because after the incident after the ball, no one was talking about the man. Did anyone even find him? I kept a low profile during the week so that no one would suspect anything different about me. I was a little more conscious about where I went and what I did since then. I shrugged it off and stepped outside. Mr. Troy was pacing in front of us.

"Today we will be doing an obstacle course. Magical things will also be put to stop you. Make a single filed line please. I should warn you before hand that all magic at this point will be gone. That includes you Tiff," He said. "How can magical things stop us when our magic wont work," Amanda asked. "This magic is temporary and is only going to do it's job. Anymore questions? No? Good now please make a line," he said. Well the line went Ethan, Dee, Amanda, Isaiah, then me. I noticed that Amanda and Ethan weren't talking to each other as much and Amanda always seemed in another world. "Ready Tiff," he asked. "Yep!" Ms. Tiff said. Then he blew a whistle that signaled us to go. We ran through tires that moved around due to magic, climbed a wall, crawled through some barb wires and mud, then picked up a sword and started battling a magic man. Amanda got stuck at the wall but eventually passed through. Ethan had struggled with the tires and Isaiah was held up due to the mud. So that meant Dee and I were neck and neck. "You're going down," I exclaimed. Dee replied, "Only in your dreams!" Then we ran at full speed towards the finish line. I was in the lead until some earth starting rising. What the heck! I tripped but quickly got up. When I tripped, Dee must've got the warning and starting jumping. I was only three seconds behind her when she crossed the finish line. She started jumping up and down. "Ha ha ha! Still got it," she exclaimed. "Oh whatever! I'll get you next time," I said. Then we started laughing together. Amanda crossed the finish line next gasping for air, and then it was Isaiah, then Ethan. Poor Ethan, I guess princes don't have to do things like this. Mr. Troy started clapping.

"Very good hustle. Tiff if you would." Mr. Troy said. Then a huge wall appeared with six huge ropes hanging underneath. It was like 30 ft tall! It was the type of rope that test's your upper arm strength. "Listen up," he said, "You must reach the top or else your training won't continue. You will do nothing else besides this rope if you fail to reach the top. Now grab a rope." We all took one and I was standing next to Amanda. She looked terrified. "Amanda it'll be fine. You've done so well!" I said. She tried to smile but she still looked nervous. Amanda has no type of upper arm strength. She looks like a Vampire. She has that slim build. If she gets to the middle I'd be so proud of her. Then I looked at Isaiah. He had a bit of muscle but I think that's due to him working in the shop. He looks weak too. Ethan looks really strong but I think that it's just for decoration. "Whoever rings the bell and gets back down first, wins," Mr. Troy said. Mr. Troy blew the whistle and then I started pulling on the rope. "Ahhh," Amanda screamed. I looked over and I saw blood on the bottom part of the rope. "Amanda be careful," I screamed. Amanda started to cry but she kept trying. Well this was starting to hurt so I continued to pull myself up. Then a breeze blew causing the rope to swing. Amanda screamed again. Let me hurry up and get to the top. Wind was forcing me to go down but I resisted. I looked over at Dee and she was having as hard a time as me. She was clutching the rope trying to wait for the wind to slack up. I didn't want to take my chance with that so I kept struggling. Isaiah was working his way to the top. In this test, he was my biggest competitor. I looked up and wind blew into my eyes. I screamed and slid down the rope which made me scream more. My hands felt like they were on fire. I will not let this defeat me so I kept struggling. I was so close. Just a few more tugs and I will be at the top. I pulled myself up and finally rang the bell. I was so happy when I rang that bell I didn't realize that Isaiah rang his also. Now how to get down? If I just let go, I might die from this height. Dang! Dee just rang her bell. I looked over at her and she was just as stuck as I was. This wind wasn't helping so I just tried to work my way down slowly. The wind made me lose my grip and I started to fall. I wasn't even holding on to the rope! I was just free falling! I screamed! I could see the ground coming fast!

I reached my hand out and grabbed the rope but it jerked me so that my hand started bleeding. I started crying and screaming. Dee was trying to work her way down and Isaiah was just sliding down the rope leaving a line of blood. I tried to get down the rope again and was more cautious. When the wind started to pick up I would just stay in my place. My muscles burned and the rope was cutting into my hands. I heard a bell ring and looked up. It was Ethan. Amanda was still struggling. The wind went down a bit and I tried to get down faster. I can do this. I lost my footing right when the wind blew so I was free falling again! I was screaming my lungs off and remembered Tim.

*recap*

"Remember princess, It's not about why you fall, it's about how you fall and recover." Tim said.

*end of recap*

So I positioned myself in order fall on my toes. Trust me when I say I am screaming my lungs off. If my throat is scratchy when and/or if I survive, I won't be surprised. 5-4-3-2-1. I closed my eyes. Am I dead? I open my eyes slightly and see feet. Oh my ancestors! Am I in front of my family line? I'm dead! Then a voice says "Look up Princess!" I look up and I see Mr. Troy! Is he dead too? Oh ancestors! Don't tell me I landed on him and killed him! I started to cry. "I'm sorry," I exclaimed. Then he said, "You should be! That was a dangerous height you fell from!" Huh? I looked around and realized that I was alive! I hugged his legs and started crying. "Princess get off! Control yourself! Your blood is getting all over my pants," he exclaimed then I let go. "Now go to Tiff and wrap up those hands of yours," He said then Amanda screamed. Mr. Troy sighed. "I wonder how long she'll last," he said. I felt like I had to stick up for her so I said, "She's stronger then she looks." Then Amanda screamed again. "Yes well I hope you're right. Her blood is starting to drip from the rope." I looked up and Amanda was inches away from the bell so I screamed, "You can do it Amanda! Don't give up!" With one last tug Amanda hit the bell. I cheered for her and then Amanda's body went limp. She started to free fall. I turned towards Mr. Troy. "You have to do something," I exclaimed. He was just watching but his eyes told me that he was frightened. "She's going to die," I screamed. Everyone looked at Amanda. Her eyes were closed and her blood was in the air. She was about to die! I tried to run towards her but my ankle snapped and I fell. "Mr. Troy," I screamed. I can't watch this! She's about to crash in 5-4-3-2-1. I closed my eyes. I kept my eyes closed for a few minutes and then I opened them. I was prepared to see Amanda limp on the ground but instead I saw her limp body in Ethan's arms. What the? I looked closer and saw Ethan breathing hard, sweaty and bloody holding Amanda. He caught his breath and then ran towards Ms. Tiff who immediately started taking care of her. Thank god. I let out a sigh and so did Mr. Troy. "Hurry up you two!" he said to Isaiah and Dee.

After the two near death experiences Mr. Troy wrapped training up early. Amanda had been given sleeping pills as soon as she was taken to Ms. Tiff so Ethan still had to carry her. Ms. Tiff wrapped up the wounds tightly so that none of the Vamps would be tempted. Isaiah was staring at the wounds. "Isaiah? Isaiah," I called again. He snapped his up. "Huh," he asked. "You were staring." "Oh I was? Huh..." "Well come on. We have to get going." "Alright." We started walking towards the door. Dee gave Mr. Troy a hug and then we were completely through the door. Ms. Tiff locked it and then I sighed. "What's wrong," Isaiah asked. "I'm just worried about Amanda." "Yeah she lost a lot of blood." "Yeah. Do you think she'll be ok?" "Probably. Amanda has a huge heart. She'll pull threw though." "I guess your right." We walked down the street and headed towards the palace.