Ch. 4 If I'm a Werewolf Princess, why are Vampires making my life so difficult?

Ok. The King is Like the youngish version of Bill Cosby. Like when he was on the Cosby show.

****************

(King) "Daughter. You must calm down." I didn't even notice that I was breathing hard. Even though I'm able to control it better since I was little, my mother, father, and Tim could always tell. "Daughter You have made your choice."

"Father are you upset with my choice? I will not go if you don't wish for me not to." My father smiled at me.

"No my daughter. You have made your decision and I can no longer make all of your decisions. I also think it would be good for you to be exposed to different things before you take the throne." Then he looked at Tim and said "Make sure no harm comes to her. True the Vampires are not our "enemy" they are also not our closest allies. Just keep watch over her and be extremely careful when you feel the need to be." He then looked back to me and said "My Child, you must make sure your things are in order. Timothy please excuse yourself and get yourself ready." Timothy nodded and exited.

"Father, If you say things are fine why do you not look fine?" He sighed and said

"My Child, even though I think they are smart enough to harm you I still worry. They wouldn't better yet SHOULD NOT try to harm you or else a great war would erupt. Daughter, remember this-Vampire's, no matter how much they try to spread this lie, are not immortal."

(keiko) "What do you mean father!? If they are not immortal than why-"

"My child, yes they do not die on normal circumstances but if they are stabbed with a stake through the heart then burned in fire, they will die. I'm not telling to you to kill them but if you are in danger, just remember what I have said."

"Does Tim know?"

"Not yet but I shall inform him. The general public doesn't know this because the Vampire's feel like if everyone knew, then they would be in constant revolt against the mortals. Since they say nothing, I shall say nothing. If I say nothing, then they do not say anything about werewolves can only be truly killed by silver piercing our hearts.Do you understand?" He gave me some time to absorb all of the information. I nodded. He said, "Good. Now go with your mother. She has already started packing. If you want clothes that you actually prefer you should hurry." I knew he was right so I ran after saying "Yes father." Guess what I found when I opened my bedroom?

(queen) "Lida! LIDA! Quickly! Tell me where her hair things are! I shall put them in the mini bag. LIDA!"

(lida) "Daphne they are in the restroom in the 1st drawer and a few things are in the bottom cabinets!" Lida calls my Mother by her first name because they have grown up together. My mother was a princess of another tribe but came to live in our palace at the age of 10. With her she only had Lida. Lida is like my aunt and she treats me as her niece. When mother had to stay by my Father's side when he went places, T'Lida was always there for me-

(queen) "Ok! I have brush, combs, ribbons, grease, gel, mirror, & scrunchies. Is that everything hair wise?"

(lida) "Her crowns! That's the only thing left. Oh wait! Her headbands! YES OF COURSE! They are on the left hand side of the dresser by her bed."

(keiko) "Mom! T'Lida! What is this huge mess!" They stopped and faced me. My mother said

"Keiko! Darling! You said yes right? You agreed to go correct?"

"Yes mother but that doesn't explain this huge mess!"

(lida) "We are sorry dear! We were just trying to pack. When we finish I'll clean up. Is that Ok?"

"Fine. But what are with all these bags? I don't even have this many clothes!"

(queen) "Oh but you will my dear! We must go to the tailor in town immediately! When you go places you must always look your best!"

"Don't tell me I'll have to buy those puffy dresses!"

"I will make sure you have at least 8 puffy ones and 19 regular ones. You shall be gone for 3 months my dear! My baby! Going away so soon! Oh Lida! The jewelry! We also must buy more jewels for her! What does she have here?"

(lida) "Um...An opal earring set with a matching necklace and ring, a ruby earring set with necklace and ring, a gold ring with gold hoops and gold bangle bracelets, a topaz and gold choker set with ring and bracelet, and a pair of teardrop diamond earrings with diamond necklace and bracelet.

"I see...well we shall have to buy at least 4 more sets. Does she have anything blue?"

"No. She has a blue spun glass bracelet but no blue stones."

"I see...I shall give her my blue stoned ankle bracelet, necklace, earrings, choker, and ring set."

(keiko) "MOM!"

(queen) "Yes my dear?"

"I do not wish to be THIS fancy! Why do the care so much about how they look?" T'Lida stepped forward and said-

(Lida) "My dear. I know that this is...different than what you are used to but the Vampire society is completely different than how it is now. You see they are more...conservative and as they say "proper." I was about to protest but she raised up her hand. "I know that in our mind that is foolish but when you go to other places you must respect the way they are and how they run things. You must also not forget whom you are though. You will be the way to show those Vamps how civilized and educated we Miyako Werewolves are. Do you understand my child?"

"Yes T'Lida. So do you need me to help with anything or will I just be in your way?"

(queen) "Oh no my child! In fact you must Pick out the clothes you wish to bring! I have packed all of your under garments and when we are town we shall have to buy more. You do not know how their washing schedule works so you should just be prepared. Pick out your dress that you wish to bring while Lida and I work on the basics."

"Ok. Oh mother will Dee be able to come with me?" In case you forgot, Delilah is my dog. Don't tell her I said that though! She acts as if she is royalty (which she is) but she also my best friend.

"I don't see why not! Ok well Lida shall also make sure that all of Dee's things are in order." I told you Dee was royalty. So I packed my red, yellow, white, and black sun dresses, my 3 leather training dresses, my 6 pairs of moccasin shoes, my 5 pairs of high heels, 7 pairs of stockings, 12 hand bags that I didn't know I had, and 6 of my leather 1 pieces. My leather one pieces are like a top with shorts at the bottoms. They are very durable and comfortable. My mother gave me a questionable look when I put them in the tuck but she kept working. I know that woman in the Vampire society don't usually wear shorts or pants but I do not care. They will get used to it. We then went to eat dinner with Father. It was beef stew with rolls and chocolate cookies for desert. I like beef stew. It is my second favorite dish. While I was eating the head chef came out and knelt down beside me. He said-

"Princess. Since tomorrow will be the last time with you dining with us for a while, Is there anything special you would like." I thought about it for a while and finished chewing.

"Oh! What about clam and corn chowder with blueberry rolls, Iced Tea, grilled chicken and and strawberry cake! Better yet why don't we have a party with the whole tribe!?"

(chef) Tthat is a wonderful idea! Just ask the King."

"Father! Can we have a party tomorrow since I'm leaving?" He pondered this idea.

"I think that is a marvelous idea!"