t w e l v e

as we shifted our bags and books around the classroom to our new seats, i didn't realise how my eyes were following lisa the whole time.

god i'm so creepy

i mentally slapped myself and shifted my focus back to my books. i had a ton of them below my desk top so i had to struggle to lift them up.

"hey, let me help you."

i looked up,

it was jiso- ADJDHDKS what a beauty

she gave me a warm smile before taking the books from my hand.

"where are you seating?"

"beside you." i chuckled.

"so you're jennie kim! nice to meet you." and once again she flashed me the smile that everyone in school was whipped for.

i thanked her when we settled down in our seats. from the corner of my eye, i could see lisa laughing and smacking her friend's arm. 

my thoughts shifted back to yesterday. i've been wanting to thank her.

before i could turn around and face lisa, jisoo's voice snapped me out of my head.

"jennie, when's your birthday?"

"16 january 1996."

"ahh so you're a year younger than me."

i nodded. one question led to another and soon enough, i was talking to jisoo and joking around with her as if we've known each other for years already.

jisoo was different, i didn't feel the need to put up a cold front like how i always do, we clicked together well. she was too warm and friendly for me to be cold and rude.

and i could say i made a new friend today.