s e v e n t e e n

[ lisa's pov ]

"it's yours anyways." i whispered in her ear, before pulling away from the hug and giving her a slight smirk.

chaeyoung's joke had somehow managed to scratch at my heart abit and make me feel insecure, even though she'd been saying that for years.

but saying that in front of jennie this time round was different. i was hurt,

well, not until jennie cradled my head in her arms with words of reassurance. this girl makes me soft as fuck.

once again, the lingering thought in my brain resurfaced.

"maybe you'll have a chance with her."

i was actually convinced, convinced that maybe she had me in her heart, convinced that maybe being her best friend gave me a chance.

"nah bitch you wish." the other voice in my head fought back, immediately destroying every little bubble of hope i had.

"let's go jendeuk ah!" jisoo's voice snapped me out of my reverie. 

jendeuk? tf they had nicknames for each other already? 

jennie hung her arm across jisoo's shoulders, with jisoo's arms on her waist, as they walked out of school.

"they're hanging out today, in case you missed the conversation while staring out into blank space." chaeyoung chuckled, i could see the sadness in her eyes.

i watched jennie as she turned and smiled at jisoo, then they disappeared from my view round the corner of the street.

what did i expect? jennie would obviously choose jisoo over me.

i won't lie, jealousy is boiling up inside me. at this point, chaeyoung has probably already found out that i have a huge crush on jennie, but we didn't need a spoken agreement for her to confirm her suspicions, she knew me too well.

"let's go home." chaeyoung mumbled as she trudged out towards the school gate, my heavy footsteps following closely behind hers.

bear with the pain, lisa. you're stronger than this.