e i g h t e e n

[ third person's pov ]

jennie and jisoo stepped into the basketball court, dribbling the ball along with them as they walked. specks of dust on the floor danced with each bounce the ball made.

they'd decided to play in this abandoned court behind the school after they realised that both of them used to be in basketball teams.

"boi this place is dusty as hell." jisoo coughed, waving her hand in front of her face.

"deal with it chu." jennie chuckled as she tossed the ball in the air, missing the hoop by an inch.

"shall we start?" jisoo smirked, a glint of competitiveness shone in her eyes. jennie nodded, returning the smirk. 

as the two girls darted across the court, the squeaking of their sneakers evident every second, they started to get tired.

jennie plopped on the ground to catch her breath, with jisoo squatting down beside her. all that was left was the heavy panting echoing around the court.  jisoo handed jennie a bottle of water, in which the latter downed in a few huge gulps.

,,,

"so what do you like about lisa?" jisoo blurted, breaking the silence between them. she reached out her hand to pat the back of the girl choking on her water next to her. 

"dafuq jisoo why you gotta be so straightforward." jennie breathed out in between her fits of coughs.

"well it's so obvious you're in love." jisoo shrugged, getting up from the ground and once again, dribbling the ball around the court.

jennie scrunched her eyebrows together, was she that obvious?

she chased jisoo and snatched the ball from her, successfully tossing it into the hoop.

"and what do you like about chaeyoung?" jennie raised her eyebrows, laughing at the older girl's reaction.

"h-how did you know." jisoo gaped in shock.

"i'm quite smart too you know."

"well then, tell me how to win her heart."

and as the clock ticked, the two girls poured their hearts out each other, happy that they found someone who understood them.