s i x t e e n

2 months later

lisa gazed at jennie, who had her head rested against lisa's shoulders. she was trying her best to contain her heart which was pumping furiously in her ribs.

"this lesson is too boring, my eyelids are about to give up on me."

jennie spoke softly, shifting closer towards lisa.

in 2 months, nothing had changed, except for the blossoming of the 4 girls' friendships.

and lisa was still secretly in love with jennie, her best friend.

better than nothing, lisa would tell herself when she'd question why she was torturing herself like this.

it was better to have her friendship with jennie than nothing at all, and even if she knew it was impossible to win her heart, she wanted to try, step by step, because maybe she deserved a chance.

she took another glance at jennie before leaning her head on jennie's head, securing the girl in her shoulder's warmth.

,,,

[ jennie's pov ]

i snuggled onto lisa's shoulders.

we would sit like this almost every lab lesson, just leaning against each other and having whispered conversations.

however, something isn't quite right.

something about my heart.

the way it would palpitate unusually fast when we do such things, the way it would skip a beat when lisa looks into my eyes and giggles.

and my heart... might have fallen for this cuddly ball of sunshine.

,,,

"class is over." our teacher announced.

reluctantly, i got up from lisa's shoulders and yawned. i almost died of boredom.

i wrapped my hands around lisa's index finger and pulled her along with me towards chaeyoung and jisoo.

"lisa what's that on your lips?" jisoo cocked her head to one side in curiousity.

i watched as lisa ran her finger across her red lips, before it stopped on a certain position.

"ah shit, it's a blister."

"don't worry you're still ugly as ever." chaeyoung joked, bursting out laughing while lisa pouted to play along.

"shut up chaeng." lisa smacked her arm and hung her head low in an attempt to hide the blister from our view.

i knew it was a joke, but that pout was so convincing that i couldn't resist pulling her into my arms.

"don't worry, no one's gonna look at your lips"

it's mine anyways, i completed the sentence in my head as i caressed her head. lisa plastered her forehead to my shoulder and snaked her arms around my waist.

"it's yours anyways." she whispered.

what?