t w e n t y o n e

the walls of the house shook along with the thunder which bellowed into the dark clouds.

jennie stood there trembling, fists clenched together and eyes shut tight. it'd started again, another thunderstorm. she wasn't in her right mind to think through her actions and immediately scooted over to lisa's side, burying herself deep under the covers.

she stuck her body close to lisa's, pressing her forehead against the latter's back. jennie wondered why she'd only been this weak in front of lisa, was it the way the girl made her soft, the way she made her so vulnerable with the deep stares?

jennie had never shown this side of herself to anyone else.

with shaking hands, she gingerly wrapped her arms around lisa's waist, stealthily taking in the intoxicating scent of her best friend and praying that she would wake up and comfort her this instant.

and it seemed as though her prayers were heard by the gods above when lisa blinked her eyes open — once, twice, and the blurred vision started to clear up.

lisa winced in pain, her head throbbed from the fainting earlier on. she turned her body around, trying to figure out where on earth she was.

"is this heaven? did i die?" lisa squinted her eyes at the details of the room she was laying in.

white walls, grey curtains, aesthetically neat table tops and simple paintings hung on the walls.

and then her eyes landed on the real artwork.

jennie.

she snapped her eyes wide open, before looking down at her body to realise that she was in a completely different set of clothes — which were not hers, and the familiar smell that filled her nostrils.

"ahh this really is heaven." lisa grinned as jennie slowly opened her eyes from hearing lisa's voice, her body still quivering in fear.

it didn't take lisa more than 2 seconds to take in what was going on.

rain, thunderstorm, jennie.

instinctively, she cradled jennie's head in her chest, gently running her fingers through the girl's soft hair. she stayed silent, knowing exactly what jennie wanted during times like this from the first day they met.

another roar of thunder caused jennie to whimper and bury her face deeper into lisa's chest, her arms tightening around the taller girl's waist.

lisa prayed hard, that jennie wouldn't be able to feel her racing heartbeat through the thick sweater clad onto her body as she continued to embrace her in her arms.

,,,

they stayed like this until the sound of rain gradually came to a stop.

the world was now silent.

all that was left was the soft breathing of the two girls holding on tight to each other, and if it was possible to hear, the heavy thumping of their hearts.

"hold on girl, did you just strip me and replace my clothes with yours?" lisa questioned once she noticed that jennie's shivering had subsided.

jennie pushed lisa away and turned to face the other side of the room, away from lisa, to hide her blushing cheeks.

"i didn't have a choice, besides, nobody warned me about how your abs would cause me heart attacks." she blurted out, before biting her lips upon the realisation of what she'd just said.

a smirked tugged on the corners of lisa's lips and she grabbed jennie's shoulders to make the blushing girl face her.

"so you liked what you saw huh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

lisa earned a playful smack on her arm and chuckled in response.

"you know what would shut your stupid mouth up?"

"what?"

there was a pause when jennie hesitated to reply, but nonetheless the words escaped from her mouth before she could stop them.

"my lips."

;

[ a/n: AYEEE IT'S FINALLY THE WEEKENDS ;) ]