XVIII

The next morning...

Mika's POV

I was woken up by the smell of fried bacon.

I slowly open my eyes to see breakfast on our bed desk in front of me with a smiling Vic looking at me I smiled back and before I can say a word she kissed my forehead

Vic : " good morning, love enjoy your breakfast in bed "

Mika : " thank you for this, love"

Vic : " you're welcome "

I look at the plate in front of me seeing that it's only portioned for one person

Mika : " pano ka hindi ka kakain? "

Vic : " I already had my breakfast, love "

Mika : " hindi mo ako sasabayan? "

Vic : " hindi muna just relax for today ha alam ko na stress ka kahapon "

Mika : " Vic it was nothing hindi ko kailangan mag pahinga today taska sila Vik at Kaira papakainin ko pa "

Vic : " love, ako na nga bahala. Okay? "

She stood up from the bed and kissed my forehead again before picking up Kaira from her crib on the way out of our room.

I was now left in our room alone with a delicious smelling breakfast in front of me.

So I decided to listen and follow what my wife said

Vic's POV

Walking downstairs with Kaira in my arms I went outside feeling the warm morning sunlight on my skin

Walking through our subdivision seeing and greeting our neighbors on the way.

I'm so glad I did this today. My everyday view is my office and it is nothing compare to what I'm seeing now.

My daughter Kaira pointing at random things laughing at the smallest things just make it a little better.

Having my alone time with my daughter kind of made me think wanting to be home more and less in my office. But then again I have a family to support not that I'm complaining I just want more time with them I guess that's all and I will make more time for them.

Walking back to our house as soon as I enter I saw Vik sat down in the kitchen eating.

Vik : " good morning, mama "

I walked towards him kissing his forehead before responding

Vic : " good morning nak ko "

I sat Kaira down on her high chair. Placing her food in front of her she picked up th small plastic spoon trying her best to scoop her food up.

Vik : " ma si mommy po ba hindi mag brebreakfast? "

Vic : " inakyatan ko siya kanina ng food I want your mommy to rest today so don't bother her ha "

He nodded in understanding. After seeing my daughter struggle for a few minutes with trying to clean up her plate I finally helped her. Scooping the last two from her plate.

After our breakfast we went to the living room. Vik sat down next to me while I put Kaira down on the carpeted floor she's been starting to walk-ish.

Turning the tv on for some morning news. The news was filled with politics, showbiz and tragedies that has been happening in the world. One of the healines for this morning was about the on going k-12 program here in our country there's been schools struggling to accommodate that much new students.

Vik : " ma? "

Vic : " yes? "

Vik : " when can I go to school? "

Vic : " well do you want to go already? "

Vik : " yesss! "

He excitedly answer

Vic : " since you're five years old already next school year I'll enroll you "

Vik : " really? "

Vic : " yeah, are you sure you want to go "

Vik : " yes po tito Miko told me stories of how much friends and fun he had when he went to school "

Vic : " okay then me and your mommy we'll talk about that. Is there a school that you want to go to?"

Vik : " I don't know any "

Vic : " well I'm thinking the one just outside our subdivision "

Vik : " yes that'd be great I won't be too far so I won't miss you guys too much "

Vic : " exactly I can walk you too school if you want "

Vik : " I'd love that. Thanks ma "

He gave me a kiss on my cheek.

I'm honestly excited to see him in his school uniform and I can see in his eyes that he is even more excited I guess it is very different when you're learning at home and at school. I mean we give him a lot of academically connected activities to prepare him for school. He can read well already, he can write not that decent but for his age it's normal, he's very good with number too he likes to color too but he's not really a fan of drawing. I mean if you go to his room he has number and letters all over his bedroom wall so I wouldn't be surprise.

Mika's POV

11:30am

When I decided to come down I know my wife told me stay here pero hindi ako sanay na walang ginagawa for the whole day.

I reach the living room I saw Vik and Vic watching tv laughing at something Kaira on the other hand was busy playing with some toys that she has on the floor the two was so occupied by the tv they didn't even notice that I was there but Kaira did as soon she saw me she tried to walk towards me which she kinda did successfully-ish I caught her making Vic look with concern.

I smiled at them making them smile back I walked towards them and sat down next to them with Kaira in my arms I made her seat on my lap.

Mika : " so what have you been doing without me? "

Vik : " nothing po just been watching tv "

I felt Vic's arm wrapped around my shoulders as she give my cheek a kiss I smiled at her in return.

Vik : " we also talked about me going school "

Vik excitedly informed me

Mika : " that's good "

I patted his head and smiled

Vik : " mama said I can go to the school just outside our subdivision "

Hmmm I don't think so.

Suddenly he got up from the couch and ran towards the bathroom.

I turn to Vic

Mika : " why did you tell Vik that he's going to school there? "

Her eyes narrowed at me

Vic : " I don't see why not I mean he's already at the right age and he really seems excited "

Mika : " it's not that I mean why that school you do know that's a public school, right? "

Vic : " yes I do and I do not see anything wrong with that "

Mika : " don't you think it's better if-..."

____________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter!

Sorry for the late update.

I hope liked it!

Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!

Thank you so much for reading!!!

I'm planning to end this story already since I want to start with my other story.