21

It had been a month since Michael and I had our first kiss, and he walked up to me before school.

"Luke, we need to talk." He told me.

"Okay." I nodded.

"I've been wanting to talk to you about this for a month. I um, I was wondering if you'll be mine." He told me. I grinned.

"Of course I will." I said. He beamed and kissed me.

Michael had skipped that day, so I was lonely.

"Are you dating Michael?" Ashton questioned as soon as he sat down.

"Yes. Why?" I asked. My eyes didn't meet Calum's, though I heard him scoff and chuckle at me.

"Just wondering. People saw you two kiss this morning." He said.

"Oh." I mumbled.

It was quiet for several minutes.

"Does he make you happy?" Calum asked. He seemed genuinely concerned.

"Yes." I replied.

He nodded.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked after several more minutes.

"Why? I don't want to be alone with you. Not after the things you and Grant have said and done." I spat.

"Please, Luke. I'm not going to hurt you, I swear." He sighed. Eventually, I followed him to the bathroom. We made sure the bathroom was clear before he began to talk.

"Luke, I know you've been told this and you don't believe it, but he's going to hurt you." Calum started.

"No, he's not." What would Calum know, anyway? He didn't know Michael. He knew the rumors.

"Luke, I know that you don't think so. Just listen to me. Please. It's best for you to stay away. To not get too emotionally invested." He said.

"Why are you trying so hard to get me to believe you?" I almost snapped. It was seriously pissing me off how several of my friends thought that he would hurt me just because they had heard some stupid gossip.

"Because you need to. Michael is only going to break your heart." Calum stated.

"And how would you know?" I challenged.

He took a deep breath.

"Because it happened to me." He said.

Before I could ask for further explanation, somebody walked into the bathroom.