15

We arrived at the small pizza place that was downtown. I had never been there, but Michael told me that they made the best pizza.

It wasn't very crowded, and the place held a positive atmosphere. It smelled wonderful, and it was bright and calming. I could see why Michael enjoyed it.

We ordered a large pepperoni pizza with bread sticks and sat down.

"Can I ask you something?" I was nibbling on my bottom lip, a nervous habit I had.

"Anything." He replied. My eyes darted around the room, checking for anybody in hearing range. Luckily, we were clear.

"Why do you, um, cut?" I mumbled.

He sighed gently.

"Because it's like an addiction. When I get upset enough, it helps me take my mind off of things. It's a form of relief." He explained. I pondered over it for a few moments.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I offered. I would have done anything in my power to help him.

"I'm not sure. Nobody's ever really offered." He shrugged.

"You could try talking to me about it next time... Maybe I could help..." I tried.

He smiled at me.

"Okay."

I nodded.

"I'll need your number for that, darling." He winked. I beamed, slightly blushing, as he slid his phone across the table.

Our food was brought to us and we both thanked the waitress. I couldn't help but notice how her eyes scanned Michael's body, but I chose to ignore it. He wasn't even mine, and I had no right to feel jealous.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"Is Grant mean to you a lot?" He questioned. That question surprised me.

"Not really. He just says things." I shrugged.

"And he's already getting physical. You've barely been here for a month." He scoffed.

I frowned. He kept track of how long I was here but had only been talking to me for a few days? Why?

"He'll stop eventually." I assumed. Everything stopped eventually, right?

"He needs to stop now, Luke. It isn't okay for him to be doing these things. And what's up with Calum?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Calum's never liked me." I mumbled.

Michael frowned at me.

"That's alright. He doesn't matter."

I smiled at him.

"True." I agreed, causing a small grin to appear on his lips.

After we ate, he began driving me home.

As I started to get out at my house after thanking him, he said my name to stop me.

"Um- um, call me later?" He blurted. I smiled, my cheeks tinting a light pink that warmed them ever so slightly.

"Okay." I said.

He beamed back at me.

"Thank you." He responded.