29

Last real chapter, the next is an epilogue of sorts. This one's kind of short.

It was Sunday morning, and my phone kept ringing.

It was my mom.

I finally answered, and she was crying.

"Mom, what's going on?" I asked.

Calum and Ashton were awake, looking at me in curiosity.

"M- Michael..." She said.

"What about him?" I asked. She was quiet for a few minutes.

"He didn't answer his phone to his mother this morning. So, she went home. She tried to get there as fast as she could. Because he had texted her. He said goodbye, and that he loved her. She tried. So did his dad." She was crying.

"Mom, what happened?"

"They went up to his room as soon as they got home. They had to break down his bedroom door, because he had locked it."

I was crying with my mother. I had received the same text from Michael a couple of hours before my mother calling woke me up. It was the first thing I noticed, but my mom was calling so I answered.

"They finally got in. Luke, honey, he killed himself. He cut up his whole body and he downed a bunch of pills."

"No!" I exclaimed. No, it couldn't be happening.

***

We pulled up to Michael's and I got out. My mother was standing outside, talking to Michael's mom.

"It isn't true. Tell me it isn't true." I was sobbing.

"Luke, honey. I'm so sorry." My mom told me.

He was gone. Michael was gone.