19

I was sitting on the counter in the bathroom, waiting for Michael to finish getting the black rag wet. He used black so that it wouldn't stain.

"I'm sorry." I repeated.

"Don't be sorry." He stated. I sighed, because I still felt bad.

He stood between my legs and began gently dabbing my face. It stung, and I almost pulled away.

"I'm sorry, I know it hurts." He softly told me. I chuckled.

"It- it was the first time I've ever seen you that mad." I mumbled.

"Yeah, but don't worry. I don't usually hit people when I'm mad. Just when they've been hurting the boy I love and I feel that they deserve it. Trust me, I'd never, ever hit you." He explained.

The boy he loves? I decided to stay quiet about that part. He didn't mean it. A moment later, though, I think he realized what he said. His eyes widened for a couple of seconds before returning to normal.

He continued gently dabbing the blood from my face, which still hurt a bit.

"What's your favorite color?" He randomly asked me.

"Blue." I said. "Why?"

"Just curious." He shrugged.

"What's yours?" I wondered. He smiled.

"Green."

We talked about colors while he cleaned the blood from my face. Once that was done, he studied my features.

"There's going to be bruising. Also, you have a cut. Probably from a ring or something." He said. I nodded. He was so gentle and kind.

He carefully took my arms and studied them. They were already starting to get bruises.

"I wish I could have stopped this from happening." He sighed. I shook my head.

"Thank you, for saving me. It really means a lot." I told him. "And, thank you for cleaning me up and stuff. And not getting pissed off when I thought you were going to hit me."

He gave me a small smile.

"Anything for you, Luke. And it was no problem, honestly. Thank you for not running away and refusing to listen the second I punched Grant in the jaw." He chuckled.

I laughed along with him.

"Luke?" He asked.

Of course, I became worried. I always did when someone wanted to ask me something or talk to me about something.

"Yeah?" I responded. His light green eyes met my sea blue eyes, and he hesitated.

Immediately, he gently cupped my cheek.

"C- can I kiss you?"