Still The One

Hi! Again, this chapter has some possible triggers (as many do) and I just wanted to give you all a warning. If you need me to, I'll post some resources along with each chapter in case you need someone to talk to or help getting through things. And, of course, you can always message me. Anyway, enjoy and tell me what you think! (: x Lennie

Niall

Was I nervous about Perrie staying alone after school? Absolutely. I would’ve waited outside of that door until her detention was over or until the world ended, but they made me leave. Me, Zayn, and Harry decided to play a bit of football until she was done since football conditioning for the girls team (which Pez had to miss) was already over.

But when she came toward me, running for her life out of the school, I knew something was wrong. Her usually perfect blonde hair was mussed and falling over her terrified eyes that trembled uncontrollably. There were red and purple marks all over her chest and legs and she clutched the front of her dress closed as if…

As if…

As if…

No.

Before I could say what I knew had happened, she blacked out. I fell down next to her and held her tightly. I knew that bloody teacher had done this. I knew the way he looked at her was his dirty mind’s gears grinding. He had attacked my baby sister. He tried to…I couldn’t say it. I didn’t even want to think it.

“What happened to her?” Zayn panicked. His eyes raked over her helplessly and he looked at me. He already knew what’d happened. His nostril flared in rage. He tried to run toward the school but Harry pulled him back.

“You don’t know what happened, you need to relax,” he said shakily.

“We all know what fucking happened!” Zayn shouted at the top of his lungs. He visibly deflated. “I wanted to protect her. I failed her. I’m so sorry.” He fell to his knees next to her and attempted to wake her up. Harry gave her some water and I sat back helplessly knowing that there was nothing I could do to stop her from hurting.

“Zayn,” she whispered. She buried her face into his chest and started crying and screaming. He held her tightly and rocked her back and forth while he tried to hold back tears of his own.

“He…he,” she tried to say. He shushed her and stroked her hair.

“I know, love,” he choked out. “We know.” She held onto him for dear life and looking at the way he held her, it seemed that if he let go of her he would let go of his sanity as well.

She wouldn’t be separated from him. He carried her to the car and Harry drove them to Zayn’s house. She couldn’t face our mum and tell her what had happened to her. She refused to leave Zayn so we left them and went to Harry’s. We drove silently until Harry let out a shaky sigh.

“It shouldn’t be her,” he said. “She’s a good person and nothing but shit happens to her.”

“Don’t you think I know that?” I snapped. I was feeling so much pain as we drove. Perrie was like an extension of me. When she was hurting, I was hurting.

“We have to tell someone,” he said quietly.

“That’s true. But we can’t tell anyone until she’s ready to talk and she can say what happened.” He nodded.

“Niall,” he said. I turned to him and he looked at me sadly. Briefly, I saw the little kid in him who looked up to me. “I’m so scared.”

“Me too, bro.”

Zayn

I held Perrie in my arms for an hour as she cried and cried. Frankly, I didn’t want to let her go. I wanted to hold her and protect her from anything that might happen to her. I wanted to hide her from everything bad in this world and turn her tears into smiles. I wanted to make everything okay again. Her cries simmered down and she desperately tried to explain what happened to her.