Once in a Lifetime

Hello, I cannot believe I haven't updated in so long. I know I saw that all the time, but wow. Anyway, thanks for the love that you guys have shown my story, I really appreciate every comment I get. I have some bad news--this will be the first of the last two chapters of my book. There will be an epilogue, but unless any of you guys have a huge interest in a sequel, I think this is it. Zerrie has been over for a while now, as much as I hate to admit it. I have an idea for another book that I might preview at the end of this one. Thank you guys for hanging with me for this long, I can't believe it's been almost two years since I started writing it. Enjoy and leave your thoughts. I love you all, and here is Part 1 of 2. xx -L

Niall

"He broke my ankle," my sister cried as I sat next to her in the doctor's office. "It's all over. My scholarship...how am I going to get to university? I can never play football again! He ruined everything!" Her nails dug into my wrist as she cried. The doctor was turning her foot painfully and shook her head sadly.

"Fortunately, this is just a sprain, dear, albeit extreme," she sighed. "You'll have to be on crutches for a while and I'm sorry but no more football." Perrie stared at the foot wrapped tightly in a bandage. "However, you don't need a cast."

"Count those blessings, Pez," Harry reminded her.

"Now, Ms. Edwards, I do have a rather serious question. I've noticed from your bloodwork that you've stopped taking your antidepressants," the doctor said.

"They make me feel like a different person and I get terrible nightmares."

"Be that as it may, they're key to helping you get better."

"We'll see." The doctor sighed.

"Well, I can't force you to do anything. You're free to go."

"Thanks." She hopped down from the table, forgetting about her ankle, and promptly collapsed. "Well, shit."

"Let's go, Pez," Harry said. Zayn was waiting outside to take her home while Harry and I went to the police station. We were pressing charges against Adam on Perrie's behalf. Perrie immediately went to him and hugged him tightly and he wrapped his arms around her protectively. One thing was for sure, if she was with him, nothing was going to hurt her.

Perrie

My mother and Anne couldn't find out what he did to me. If they did, they would live up to their promise to send me away to the school for crazy kids. I'd stopped throwing up after every meal and I was well on my way to being clean from cutting for almost a month. If they discovered that I was still seeing Adam and that he had hurt me so terribly, they wouldn't hesitate to send me away. I had to beg Zayn and Niall and Harry not to tell them and help me come up with a story. Zayn and I were laying on my bed staring at the ceiling as we contemplated lies we could tell.

"Fell down the stairs?" he suggested.

"Used it."

"Car crash?" We both knocked on wood.

"They'd freak."

"You need to tell them the truth," he said, his honey eyes staring into mine.

"They'll take me away," I said, my eyes flicking downwards.

"From home? We won't let them."

"No. From you." His eyebrows raised in surprise. "I missed you so much." I shifted closer to him and gently pressed my lips to his. "I love you."

"Pez," he sighed. "You don't know how long I've waited to hear you say that again." His arms encased me in a tight but natural grip and we kissed dreamily as the sun blazed through the window onto our skin. "Love, I want you back. I can't be without you any longer."