Loved You First

Hey guys! Settled in Seattle, Washington for the moment and loving it. Just got moved in so here's your update! Tell me what you think (: xxLennie

A few hours later, I woke up to a significantly smaller body cuddled next to me. Maisie slept soundly on my chest and clung to my shirt. Her wild brown curls were spread out all around her as she snored softly. I glanced at the clock and groaned. It was almost 11 a.m. My head hit hard against my skull as I tried to sit up without puking. Maisie whined tiredly and peeked out of her left eye.

"Stop moving," she bleated, nestled her head on my stomach.

"It's time to get up anyway, poopy," I cooed affectionately. She sat up and stretched before plopping back down.

"No," she sighed contentedly. I picked her up and dressed her in leggings and a jumper even though she was cooperating like a wet noodle. I shoved one of Harry's Neff beanies over her long hair. I tucked her under one arm and trudged downstairs where Zayn was cooking a huge breakfast with Everly's help.

"How'd you two get up so early?" I asked.

"Couldn't get back to sleep," Zayn said.

"I was starving," Everly groaned. "We made some bomb crepes! Have some!" Maisie perked up, scrambled out of my arms, and took two crepes from the big plate in the middle of the table.

"Yeah, Per Bear, eat up, yeah?" Zayn insisted as he slid a fruit filled crepe onto my plate. I felt super uncomfortable and pushed the plate away.

"I'm, eh, not that hungry." Everly's face fell.

"Aw, Pez, it took us ages to figure out how to make these! Please? Just one? I'll do anything you want. I'll do your calc homework!" she offered.

"I really shouldn't..." Zayn gazed at me seriously. "But I guess I can eat just one." Me and Maisie ended up eating the whole plate, much to their delight. They made more for Harry and Niall when they came down, but I felt sick and disgusting. I wanted to cut my stomach open and scrape every last bit of food out of it until-

"Perrie," Harry interrupted in concern. "Are you okay?"

No. "Yeah, relax." I tapped my fingers anxiously on the table. "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?"

"The toilet," I said oddly. "Wanna join me since you're so concerned?"

"Fuck off."

"That's what I thought." I went to the third floor toilet where no one could hear me and closed and locked the door. I kneeled in front of the toilet, braced myself, and started throwing up. My throat and eyes burned as I tried to stay quiet. Ten minutes later, I felt so relieved that I hadn't thrown away my chances at being skinny. I brushed my teeth with such vigor that my gums were tingling when I'd finished. When I got back downstairs the kitchen was silent except for Maisie who hummed as she braided Everly's hair. Niall was texting rapidly and Zayn and Harry were nowhere to be found.

"Where are they, then?" I asked. He shrugged and Ev pointed toward the garden. There, I found the two of them smoking quietly. "And since when do you smoke?"

"I don't know. I'm stressed," Harry said lamely. Zayn put his cigarette out and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's freezing-you shouldn't be out without a coat," he scolded.

"Fine. I'm going inside. Harold," I snapped. He glanced at me. "You're being weird."

"Go inside the fucking house, for God's sake," he hissed."Nobody wants to hear you bitch about things." The look I gave him was poisonous. Sometimes, he annoyed me more than my own brothers did.