The Party

A/N Thanks for sticking around to read the second chapter! A few things...I know that geographically, everyone in this story should not know each other, but, again, it's just my imagination because I love these people as friends so much. Also, other than Zerrie and Elounor, the other boys' girlfriends will be original characters...if anyone is interested in creating/being one, let me know and we can talk :) The girls' boyfriends will be the same because I love them so much :) Additionally, there will be some characters not associated with either band. If you have any questions, let me know. xx Lennie

“So basically,” I started once we had laid on the bed and started staring at the ceiling. “We had sex before school and afterwards he told me that I shouldn’t tell you or Ni. And I told him that I tell you guys everything. Then he made it clear that I wasn’t to tell anyone because if people found out we were together it would ruin his reputation. So he just wanted me until it was his rep on the line.”

“Pez,” he sighed. I shook my head as the tears rose to my eyes.

“Then when I left calculus, he found me in the library and just reiterated everything. He just said that he liked me but not enough to date me publically. And doesn’t Rebecca Ferguson walk up and drag him away. They’ve been together for the whole time we were. And after school she came to me and said that I was just a distraction and I never meant anything to him,” I said as tears streamed down my cheeks. Harry pulled me into a tight hug and I sobbed into his jacket. “I just don’t get why I’m not good enough.”

“Stop it,” he said sharply. “You’re more than good enough. I don’t know what’s wrong with him, honestly. He never used to be like this and he didn’t like girls like Rebecca.”

“I just don’t want to think about it anymore. You won’t tell Ni, right?”

“Of course not.” I hugged him tightly. There were just some things I couldn’t tell my brother that only Harry would understand. We went back downstairs and he fell asleep on the couch while I was doing his calc homework. Mum came out of the kitchen and shook her head playfully.

“Does that boy ever go home?” she laughed. Harry stirred and smiled at her sleepily.

“Not if you’re cooking, Debby,” he said cheekily. She rubbed his hair happily.

“Fine with me. Are you going to get your brother, Perrie?” she asked.

“Unless Harry’s going,” I said. He shook his head and rolled over. “I’ll go, then.”

“Dinner will be ready when you get back, alright?”

“Yeah.” I grabbed my keys and drove to school where football practice was just wrapping up. I was tapping my nails absentmindedly when Niall’s teammate Liam came up to the car and leaned into the window.

“Hey, Pez,” he grinned. “What’s up?”

“You look exhausted.”

“I’m an athlete. This is what success looks like, sweetheart.”

“Well, success must look like rubbish,” I laughed. Niall came out and hopped into the passenger seat.

“Hey, mate, back it up,” he warned Liam playfully.

“She asked for it.”

“You’re onto me, Liam,” I said sarcastically. “Guess my cover’s blown.” He laughed heartily.

“I gotta get out of here. See you at Harry’s party, eh, Pez?” he winked. He jogged off and we headed home.

“When were you going to tell me about Harry’s party?” I asked Niall. He didn’t even look up from his phone.