Hero [Genji x Reader]

Requested by: @Cake_Pop_Power and @EpicJJ555

{ I'm so sorry about the long wait in between updates, I'll make sure to keep writing, unfortunately I just lost my inspiration for a little bit. It's back now, though. Enjoy! }

You sat near the window of your house, watching as others went about their usual business in Hanamura. Breathing a sigh of sadness, you could see several couples walking down the streets with their fingers entwined, all it did was remind you of your loneliness and how much you missed your boyfriend, Genji.

If it were up to you, you would see him every day, but unfortunately he was always away on official Overwatch business, and this meant that you had to suffer through the difficulties of a long-distance relationship with him. But you were absolutely willing to battle through the hardships because of how special he was to you.

Of course you had other friends, ones that were also special and wonderful, but none of them could make up for you being away from him. You simply loved him too much.

You reached over to the desk adjacent to the chair and picked up your phone, searching for any texts from Genji, or perhaps waiting to see a call from him come through. Alas, there was nothing but an empty screen.

You frowned slightly, that was slightly unusual. Usually, you'd have already received at least several texts from him, but so far there had been nothing.

Hey, you ok? You typed.

Surely nothing had happened to him, he was too skilled to be injured by anyone other than his brother, who was responsible for his current injuries. You were simply overreacting, that had to be it, this always happened.

You stood up, placing your phone back on the desk after giving it one more hopeful glance, then glanced back over your shoulder to see a blade shining underneath a single ray of sunlight.

You observed the blade and walked over to it, carefully picking it up. It was one of Genji's signature blades that he'd gifted to you as something to remember him by, the only difference from his other swords was that it had a rose attached to the hilt of it.

You thought it was the most romantic and thoughtful thing that someone could ever possibly give to you. The fact that it was something extremely special to him, and how he trusted you with it was a symbol of the love behind it, and Genji obviously knew that you'd always admired how he fought for peace, making one of his sacred swords extremely special.

You swung the sword in a wide arc around you, pretending to be fending off enemies. Genji had once offered you training to become an Overwatch agent, but you'd declined, you'd just never felt like your shy personality would fit in with the bold and brave heroes of Overwatch.

That didn't mean that you couldn't pretend to be one of them however. Perhaps that would brighten your mood.

Holding the sword with a firm grip that wouldn't damage the rose, you closed your eyes and imagined a hoard of enemies around you, coming in from all sides. You imagined that you were Genji Shimada, a warrior and hero. Then you slashed at invisible enemies around you, arms trembling slightly from the surprisingly heavy weight of the sword.

With a grin, you continued to twirl the sword around, trying to mimic the actions that you'd seen your boyfriend do before. You could clearly picture him, jumping and throwing shurikens at those that he fought against, all the while cutting down enemies with a single shimmering blade.