There for You [Soldier 76 x ♀️Reader]

{ Thank you to everyone who helped get this book to 1k reads! I know it isn't that much (compared to other things), but it means a lot to me. Thank you! }

Requested by: @PhoebePhoenixine

Jack Morrison: Soldier 76
Jesse McCree: McCree

<~> Jack Morrison <~>

Jack checked around the corner of one of the many skyscrapers, prepared to fire his gun if needed, but he couldn't see any hostiles, so he turned and waved the rest of the Overwatch agents forwards. They crept along the side of the building and Jack noticed that all of them were tensed and ready for battle; this area was dangerous. In fact, it was only safe for the most skilled of agents, which is why only a select few had been assigned to go, including Ana, Jesse, Genji, and Y/N, who always made Jack's heart flutter when he saw her.

Suddenly, there was a noise, and Jack immediately held up his hand to bring everyone to a stop. He listened intently, and the silence was like a heavy blanket over him, pressing in on his ears and making him crave something loud. Then another sound, a clattering noise, could be heard up ahead. Jack crept forwards, still holding his hand up to keep the others in place. He raised his gun, and as he abruptly turned around the corner, he could see where the noise was coming from; a group of Talon agents patrolling the streets and not bothering to stay quiet.

He pulled the trigger on his weapon, sending a burst of three bright blue helix rockets at the agents. They barely turned around in time to see them approaching, and then the street erupted in an explosions of flame and flying debris. Jack knew that this would attract attention from all enemies in the city, but he was prepared for a fight and he hoped that the rest of the team was as well. They had run to him when he'd fired the rockets, and were all crowded together.

"They'll be here soon. We need to spread out and prepare." He commanded.

The agents nodded, and all dispersed in different directions, with Genji scaling the wall of the nearest building and vaulting onto the roof to get a better vantage point. Everyone stood in silence for a few moments, waiting and listening for any signs of oncoming hostiles.

Suddenly, there was a shout from above, coming from Genji, followed by the sounds of gunfire. A group of Talon soldiers clad in black rounded the corner of a nearby building, and immediately opened fire on the Overwatch agents. Jack leapt into action, downing enemies as he fired his gun, reloading it constantly and then shooting again. The fight seemed to be going well, and Jack turned around just for a moment to see how his team was doing. When he saw what was happening though, his heart began to pound with fear.

Y/N was frozen in place, her breath coming in ragged gasps, and her eyes terrified as she looked around, her hands over her ears and her body shaking slightly. Jack immediately ran to her, not knowing exactly what was going on, but he had to make sure that she was alright. None of the other Overwatch agents seemed to be witnessing this, as they were all locked in combat with the oncoming waves of Talon soldiers.

"Y/N!" Jack said, putting his hand on her shoulder and understanding that being rough with her most likely wouldn't help in this situation. Then he realized what this could be, this was most likely a PTSD attack. But he had never known that she had that. "It's alright."

He guessed that this had been triggered by the gunshots, and wanted to do anything that he could to comfort her, even if it meant putting himself in danger.