Alive [Ana x Reader]

{ Just a note that I've seen everything that's been requested, and I'm going to start working on those soon. }

Requested by: @Astarlow

Amélie Lacroix: Widowmaker
Fareeha Amari: Pharah
Jack Morrison: Soldier 76

<~> Ana <~>

Gunshots rang through the air as Ana looked out the window of the partially-destroyed building, her sniper rifle bringing down enemy after enemy without hesitation. She firmly believed in performing her duties, and doing what needed to be done, but every life that she took seemed to weigh on her soul more and more. Yet she still did it, shooting down Talon soldiers from ten stories above them. She needed to protect her friends, and if that meant taking the lives of others, then she was willing to do it.

She took a second to pause in between shots, and looked up at the building across from her, seeing a familiar face in the window, sniping enemies that were locked in battle with the Overwatch agents. She smiled to herself, and Y/N looked up at her, flashing a small smile and winking slightly. Then they returned to helping the team on the ground, and Ana did as well.

Just a few minutes later, she couldn't help but cast another quick glance as Y/N, looking intently through the scope of their gun. She watched them for just a few seconds, then her gaze snapped to a blur of movement out of the corner of her eye, and saw a familiar sniper looking down at them from the top of a building.

Amélie. The one who'd injured Ana so badly that she'd been presumed dead.

The Talon assassin was taking careful aim at Y/N, taking as much time as she needed because no one was aware of her presence, except for Ana. Before she had the chance to warn Y/N of the sniper's presence, Amélie fired her rifle, and Ana  screamed as the bullet sped through the air, hitting Y/N and sending them tumbling back into the building.

Ana shot up in bed, thankfully, the dream had dissipated and she'd awoken from the horrible memory.

That had happened just a few months ago, and at least once a week she'd been having nightmares about it, her mind recalling the memory while she slept. It was terrible then, and it was just as terrible now.

She felt a few tears slide down her cheeks at the memory of Y/N, and didn't bother to wipe them away. That'd been the last day that she'd ever seen them, the last day that she'd ever see them again. Amélie, the same sniper that'd taken away her eye, had taken Y/N's life. Ana didn't often feel this much rage, but the Talon assassin deserved it, and she didn't try to hold back those feelings, instead she let them flow through her. If she ever got the chance, she'd gladly shoot her, and kill her this time, unlike when she'd tried to before.

She lay back down in her bed, but her mind wouldn't calm down now, and it was filled with memories of Y/N, her... Friend. Was that what they had been before they'd died? Or had they'd been something more? She couldn't tell, and thinking about it just made it even more painful.

Sitting up again, she turned on the light, revealing her room, which was located within Overwatch's headquarters. It was no use trying to go back to sleep, so she just pushed open the door and walked out into the hallway, attempting to be quiet so that she wouldn't wake any of the other agents. Apparently that had failed though, as a door down the hallway opened up at the sound of footsteps. Ana sighed, not exactly knowing who would emerge from the room, but hoping that it was someone that she could talk with.