Dark Past [Mercy x ♀ Reader]

{ So, up next I'm going to be writing a Widowmaker x Reader, and I'm going to be continuing the Ana story, along with another Hanzo oneshot. I'm also going on vacation tomorrow so updates will be slow. Enjoy. }

Requested by: @Deadpooldeadpan

Angela Ziegler: Mercy
Jack Morrison: Soldier 76
Jesse McCree: McCree

You headed over to the hospital, practically running as you tried to get there as quickly as possible. The other agents of Overwatch watched you as you darted past, their heads turning as they looked at your hasty pace with confusion. You didn't care though, you just had to get to Angela.

You rounded another corner, then saw the doors up ahead with the word HOSPITAL spelled out on a sign just above them. Pushing open the door, you stepped inside, immediately becoming quiet so you wouldn't disturb any patients that were in there at the moment. Glancing around, you couldn't see anyone, but the silence was pressing in on you, and it felt wrong to break it. It felt like everyone in the Overwatch base might hear you if you made a single sound.

At the back of the hospital, there was another door, and you headed straight for it. Pushing it open, you looked around the room on the other side, still searching for any signs of where Angela might be at the moment. Usually she was right here, tending to patients, preparing for a mission, or fiddling with her healing staff.

Turning on your heel once you realized that she wasn't here, you left the hospital, completely mystified as to where she might be. A minute later, you were walking through the headquarters of Overwatch again in search of the medic.

It took you around ten minutes of wandering, but eventually you found her, standing in the room with the words CONTROL ROOM imprinted into the metal above it. A smile spreading across your face, you stepped into the room, and Angela turned to look at you, with Jack and Ana standing beside her. Immediately as she saw you, she smiled back, her eyes glittering with happiness.

"Y/N." Jack said sternly, which wasn't anything new. "Why are you in here? We're discussing something important."

"Angela, can I talk to you alone?" You asked, and she looked over at Jack expectantly, waiting for his permission. He looked hesitant to let her go -- this meeting must've been really important before you'd crashed it. "Please?"

Grudgingly, Jack nodded his head, giving her permission to leave. "Just be back once you're done."

According to Jack's agreement to let Angela leave, he knew about your relationship together. Somehow, all of the Overwatch agents had found out, even though you didn't recall saying anything to anyone about it. If you had to guess, it was Jesse who figured it out and told everyone.

As you led Angela out into the hallway, you took her hand in yours and took her to a spot where you could talk to her. "How long have you been at that meeting? Was it really important? I'm sorry."

"It's alright." She assured you. "I've been there for at least thirty minutes. I'm so sorry... I know that we were planning on going out for lunch today. Jack just wouldn't let me leave."

"It's alright. We should reschedule though. How about dinner? Tonight?"

"Sounds great."

"Before you go back, what were you guys talking about in there?" You desperately tried to come up with an excuse to keep talking to Angela. You didn't care what you talked about, you just wanted to be with her for a little bit longer.