Chapter 13

Violet's POV

I moved over closer to Bruce, climbing on his chest.

"I love you Bruce." I mumbled into his chest.

"Violet I'm not Bruce." A voice from under me sighed.

I started crying, remembering everything that happened.

Why would he do that to me? I almost trusted him! I love him....

"Why would he do that Asher?" I sobbed into his chest.

He sighed again, pulling me closer, "I dunno Vi, I really don't."

Asher's POV

'I gonna kill him.' I thought as I looked down at Violet crying in my arms.

I shifted up into the sitting position so I could hold her better.

Violets been through enough and he knows that and there he goes kissing some slut. As much as I don't want to admit it, she loved him. You could tell by the way she looked at him, the way she should have looked at me. Wait... what? Where did that come from?

I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts.

"Ash I'm gonna take a shower." Violet said, moving out of my arms.

"Okay, I'm gonna go for a walk i'll be back." I stood up so I could stretch.

"Please don't start a fight." She pleaded.

I sighed nodding my head, "Fine I won't start anything but I will finish it."

She smiled halfheartedly and kissed my cheek, then she disappeared into the bathroom.

I slipped on my shoes and headed for the door.

"Asher!" I turned and looked down the hall and saw Mrs Grace jogging towards me.

"Yes ma'am?" I said politely.

"Is Violet ok?" I looked at her and I saw that she truly cared.

I sighed and shook my head, "Honestly I dunno Bruce has really messed her up, I've never seen her this sad even when she lost her parents. He really hurt her."

She nodded, "Tell her if she needs anything she knows where to find me. And if you need anything to."

She went to turn to leave, "Wait actually there is one thing."

"What is it?"

"Can you take me to Bruce's room so I can get her things?" I asked hoping that she would say yes cause Violet didn't have any of her things.

"Of course, follow me." She nodded.

"Thank you."

We walked a good ways, seeing as that I'm on a different floor than him.

She stopped outside of his door, and knocked on it.

"Go away mom." I honestly felt a little bad after hearing how broken he sounded but quickly got over it, he hurt Violet.

"I need to come in, Asher is here to get Violets things." She sighed.

"Why should I let him in?" He's starting to sounding like a brat.

"Cause it's not doing violet any good without her things, She can only wear my things for so long." I spoke up.

I heard him shuffle, then the door opened. Reveling a horrible looking Bruce.

"Come in, her things are in the closet where she left them." He sighed.

"Thanks." I said walking past him towards the closet.