0.1

~Feya~

I looked one last time out of the window. The wind was blowing aggressively, making the trees in front of my new bedroom window move backwards and forwards with each blow. I liked that kind of weather, I didn't know why. I liked cold more than I like the heat...Heat annoyed me.

I was still at bed, staring at my ceiling, doing absolutely nothing.

I looked at the clock, and it said 7:35. I was supposed to go to school...if not already be there. Oh well.

I got up and changed into my usual clothing: black jeans, black shirt, black vans, black jacket. In case you didn't realize, I liked black.

I went over to my mirror and looked at myself. Still drawing too much attention. Red hair fell on my shoulders in big, fat curls; skin even paler than usual, contradicting with my hair and making my eyes seem a brighter green.

"Hey, you ready?" I heard my brother's voice, and saw his head peeking through the door, his eyes even brighter than mine. Somehow, though, they looked good on him.

"I want to walk," I muttered.

"But, Feya, it's too cold outside. And..."

"Just go with it, Jason."

"Are you okay?" he asked, coming further inside my bedroom.

"I'm fine, why?"

"You are not your usual self. Not talking too much; telling me to fuck off, or that I'm an idiot..." He's right. I'm not my usual self, but put on a smile and go on.

"You are an idiot, and you can fuck off," I said, smiling sweetly at him.

"There you go. Thought I lost you there for a second." I laughed at him. My brother is so naive sometimes. I will never, and I mean ever, be the sad helpless girl again. Never again.

"Are Mum and Dad still downstairs?"

"They just left," he said, gesturing towards the door. "And I'm leaving, too. You sure you don't want to come?"

"Positive."

"Okay. See you at school." He exited the house. 7.50. I still have time.

I grabbed an apple and bit down as I left my family's new house in New York, just 5 blocks away from Central Park. The minute I stepped outside, the cold air hit me and I slightly shivered. Maybe I should have gone with Jason. Too late. I pulled the zipper of my jacket upwards to protect me from the wind, but it didn't do much.

I started walking down the street, towards the direction my father told me last night, or at least the direction he tried to tell me. I didn't really pay much attention. There was a rerun of How I Met Your Mother on TV, and I didn't want to miss it.

I would probably end up lost, but how hard could it be? I pulled out my phone, putting in my earphones. Still looking down, I pressed play on my favourite playlist and Bring Me the Horizon practically blasted into my ears, blurring everything else.

And then I looked up, not fast enough, apparently.

"Watch it, you idiot!" I exclaimed, taking off one of my earphones and glaring at the boy in front of me. My green eyes met with another pair of green ones, a slightly lighter shade.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to step on you or anything..." the boy started saying, rubbing his hand nervously.

"Forget it," I muttered and started walking again.

"You're new here?" the boy said as he ran to my side.

"Yup."

"I'm Michael," he said, slightly smiling.