{Chapter 15} 'I will love, love you tonight.'

Bri's POV

I meet Greg on campus the morning of the ICCA's. "Hey." He breathes as he reaches me. "Hi." I look up at him. "So..." Greg trails off, and I take a deep breath. "This is kind of weird. We've never been this awkward before." I let out a breathy laugh. "Yeah. I guess it's just that we've never been this, I guess, secretive before." He sighs. "Yeah." I agree. "Bri!" Beca calls me at the same time Jesse calls, "Greg!" We both look in the direction of our team members. "So, I'll see you in New York?" Greg looks back to me. "Yeah." I lean up and kiss him. He kisses back, and when I pull away, he places his hands on my hips and presses me back into him.

Some of the Trebles whistle, and I hear some of the girls laugh lightly. "We have to go." I remind him, smiling, as I pull away again. "I know. I love you." He smiles back down at me. "I love you, too." I peck his lips again before turning and walking in the direction of the Bellas'. Greg, I'm assuming, turned and went in the direction of the Trebles. With one last glance over my shoulder, I see Greg also looking at me. He grins and turns back around, as do I. It's going to be hard to try and beat him.

||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||

We arrive at Lincoln Center, and make our way backstage. A guy begins to hand us all microphones. The announcer walks on stage as the a Capella group from the University of Virginia finishes. "1...2...3... Swag!" The Trebles yell in unison. I see Greg standing there, his back facing the stage. Our eyes meet and he smiles at me. "Hey." I greet him and he takes a few steps towards me.

"Hi." He leans down and kisses me. "I just want you to know that I love you no matter what happens." He reassures me. "I love you, too." I look to the stage and see the announcer beginning to gesture towards the Trebles. "Good luck." I smile at him. "You, too." He kisses my cheek quickly, then goes back to the rest of the Trebles.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Barden University Treblemakers!" The Trebles run onto the stage. They begin to make the beat to CeeLo Green's 'Bright Lights Bigger City. Greg is acting as one half of an keyboard, and I smile at him. He looks like he's having the time of him life. Suddenly, Jesse stops singing, and the Trebles gesture to the back of the stage, where someone walks out. I recognize it as Benji, the boy who desperately wanted to be a Treble, but was turned down by Bumper. He begins to sing 'I've Got the Magic in Me' by B.o.B. Greg smirks at me as he walks to the new formation. He knows it's one of my favorite songs. I guess he'll be happy I'm singing his favorite, too.

Greg dances across the stage before being 'turned' to 'gold.' He jumps around smiling, then the song ends, and he steps into his final pose. He turns and smiles at me, and I blow him a kiss. He catches it and puts his hand to his heart making me laugh silently. The Trebles walk to their reserved seats, and sit down as we're being announced. "I love you, awesome nerds." Beca smiles at us. "Yeah, you guys are the best." Amy agrees. "Even though some of you are pretty thin, I think that you all have fat hearts, and that's what matters. Alright, let's just smash this." We all smile. "Ladies and gentlemen, the Barden Bellas!" We walk onto stage, and the audience claps. Once we take our spots, Beca blows into the pitch pipe. "1...2...3...4..."

[Aubrey with Bellas' harmonizing]

Seems like everybody's got a price

I wonder how they sleep at night

When the sale comes first
And the truth comes second

Just stop for a minute

And smile

[Chloe with Bellas' harmonizing]

Everybody look to the left