{Chapter 8} 'Aubrey, I'm a virgin.'

Bri's Pov

"Okay, don't you flat-butts worry, I got this. I'm just gonna pump and dump." Amy reassures us as we pull up to a gas station. She gets out and I continue to read. A few minutes later I hear a faint, "I've just been shot!" Come from outside the bus. Cynthia Rose runs out, followed my Lilly, Beca, and I. "I'm sitting up." Amy states. "There's no need for that. No mouth to mouth." We all help Amy sit up."Oh, shit. Bumper threw a big ass burrito at me. I'm gonna kill him, I swear. I'm gonna finish him like a cheesecake!" Amy threatens.

About fifteen minutes later, we're all back on the bus. I'm sitting next to Aubrey reading a book from the school's library called Cinder. Then, I hear Chloe hum softly. "You've got yourself a little something there." Beca whispers to Amy. She still has a little bit of the burrito behind her ear. "Just leave it. It fuels my hate fire." Beca sits down and Aubrey and I just look at Amy in a weird way. Suddenly, Chloe starts singing. "I hopped of the plane at L.A.X. with a dream and my cardigan." I smile before joining her. "Welcome to the land of fame excess. Am I gonna fit in?"

All of the others girl join us except Beca. "Jump in the cab, here I am for the first time. Look to my right and I see the Hollywood sign. This is all so crazy. Everybody seems so famous. My tummy's turning and I'm feeling kind of homesick. Too much pressure and I'm nervous." We all turn to Beca and begin to sing, getting closer to her with every phrase. "That's when the taxi man turned on the radio, and the Jay-Z song was on. And the Jay-Z song was on. And the Jay-Z song was on." We pause and she brings us back to the chorus.

"So I put my hands up, they're playing my song. Butterflies fly away. Nodding my head, like, yeah. Movin' my hips, like, yeah. I put my hands up they're playing my song, you know I'm gonna be okay. Yeah, it's a Party in the U.S.A. Yeah, it's a-" We all trail off when we hear the bus begin to make weird noises. "Yeah, it's, uh, it's, um, woah." Amy stutters. "What the hell?" Aubrey questions turning to Amy. "Um, it's pretty cool actually. I think we're just running out of gas." Amy explains.

"No, that can't be. You just filled the tank." Aubrey argues and the bus's engine continues with the sputtering noises. Amy frowns before continuing. "Yeah, I did. And, yet, maybe I didn't because I got hit by flying Mexican food. And, mm, we're out." The bus comes to a stop. "Aca-scuse me?" Aubrey questions. "Aca-believe it." Amy answers. "Man, what are we gonna do?" Amy asks herself. "Maybe we could call, uh-" Chloe is cut off my Aubrey. "No, don't even say it, Chloe, how dare you."

"Oh, no, that is a really good idea. I've got Bumper's number." Amy begins to reach for her phone. "Why do you have Bumper's number? It's different for Bri to have it because it's her step-brother, but why you?" Aubrey inquires. "Uh, uh, um." Amy trails off again. Great. Now my stupid brother is going to be rude about everything. Just, great.

||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||

"So, Bellas', what boring, estrogen-filled set have you prepared for us this evening?" Bumper wonders aloud and the boys smirk. Greg looks at me while smirking making me playfully glare at him. "Um, excuse me, but you guys are gonna get pitch-slapped so hard, your man boobs are gonna concave." Amy gestures to her breasts and Bumper laughs. "Well, that would be very impressive, but I doubt that's going to happen." Bumper laughs. "You'll see." I mutter.

"Oh, Brianna, my dear step-sister. I've been meaning to ask you, what's going on with you and Greg?" Bumper looks at me. "What are you talking about?" I question. Aubrey looks at me, and everyone on the bus follows in suit. "You two better not be-" I roll my eyes. "Aubrey, I'm a virgin." I smile without showing any teeth. She sits back down in her seat. "Glad we had that conversation." She looks down. "Me, too." I glance at Greg and see his eyes widen. "Why would you say anything?" I frown at him. "I didn't." He answers. Then how does Bumper know?

||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||

We are currently backstage watching the Foot Notes perform. They have a new singer, and he is really good. "Five minutes, Bellas'." Benji tells us. "Where did he come from?" Stacie asks and Aubrey shushes her. "It's over. There's no way we can beat the Foot Notes and the Trebles." Amy states. We look back to the stage where the boy has a cloth and is cleaning his forehead while smirking at us.

Aubrey calls us over. "Aca-huddle, now. The top two teams go to the Finals, so we just have to beat one of them. And if we do it exactly how we rehearsed it, we will get there. Okay, exactly." Aubrey reminds us. "Hands in." We put our hands in the circle. "On three or after three?" Stacie inquires. "Screw it. Let's just do it." Aubrey dismisses the circle.

We're totally screwed.