{Chapter 6} 'You don't play a game you can't win.'

Bri's POV

When Aubrey dismisses us, we all begin to walk back to our dorm rooms. Beca was walking with Jesse, so I was alone. Everything was going fine until an arm wrapped around my waist and tugged me into someone. I'm currently in between two buildings with a stranger. Shit, I should've brought my rape whistle! "Hey! Let me go you son of a bit-" I begin to scream, but a hand clamps over my mouth. "Shh." The person whispers in my ear. I suddenly recognize who pulled my into them. "Jesus, Greg, don't do that to me!" I whine, hitting his chest. Correction; his toned chest.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to see you." He admits. "Why?" I ask. "Because I wanted to do this." He swiftly leans down and connects our lips. They move in sync until I realize, Aubrey usually walks past where we are to get to her dorm and she could be here any second. "Greg." I pull away quickly. "What? Did I do something?" He questions in a concerned tone. "No, it's just-" Aubrey's voice cuts me off. Greg pulls me into his chest, then backs into the shadows for cover.

"We should have won. Like, Aca-scuse me? Do you know how hard it is to have these girls try to be Bellas'? The only one who can actually do everything right is Bri. We deserved that microphone." Aubrey rants to someone on the phone. She finally passes completely, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. "That was close." I sigh. Greg leans down and begins to kiss my neck. "Greg we can't do thi-" I stop with a little moan when he reaches my jawline. "Greg, I can't. Remember about the Bella oath?" He pulls away then kisses my cheek. "Right. I'm sorry." I turn around and hug him.

"I have to get back to my dorm room." I tell him. "I'll walk you. I see you forgot your rape whistle, so." He laughs. "Okay, but we have to go now. Beca will get mad at me." I turn around and walk back to the pavement. Greg interlocks our fingers before continuing to take me back to my dorm room. "I'll see you later." He kisses my cheek before turning around and walking away. As soon as I step into the room, I see Beca standing there smiling. "Are you two dating?" I scoff before sitting on my bed. "In my dreams." My eyelids start to become heavy, and I fall asleep, smiling about what had just happened with Greg.

||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||

"Bumper, what do you want?" I question walking through the door. He had called me over here to talk to him before leaving for Regionals. "Oh, come here." He waves me over to where the Treblemakers are standing. Greg looks really guilty. "What's going on?" I question furrowing my eyebrows. "Get her!" Bumper yells and I'm pushed into a closet. "Woah! Hey!" I exclaim as the door is closed and locked. There is enough light coming through the cracks in the doorway to see, so I manage to locate the lock. Pulling a bobby pin out of my hair, I unlock the door and begin to open it, only for it to be slammed shut again. "What is your problem?" I hit my hand on the door. "Guys, just let her out." I hear Greg's voice.

"Yeah, listen to Greg!" I yell through the door. They still don't let me out. Well, that was your last chance to let me out peacefully." I warn them. "Oh, God, no." Bumper mutters. "One, two..." I step back and kick my leg into the door, making it slam into the wall once it's open. "How did she?" A few of the boys wonder. I begin to walk down the hall. "You don't play a game you can't win." I turn around to face them. "And you never play that game with a Latina." I roll my eyes and walk back to where the Bellas' were supposed to meet before all that bull-shit happened. Thank God they didn't leave with out me.

We get to Regionals when the 'Sockapellas' are performing. "A Capella out of sock puppets?" Fat Amy wonders. She puts her hand up into a 'sock puppet' formation before continuing, "Genius." We giggle quietly. "Yeah, look at the black one with the white sock." Beca chuckles. "He's making a statement." Cynthia Rose states. "There's no craft there. Watching them will only make you worse." Aubrey scolds. "At least they're different." Beca watches them and Aubrey rolls her eyes. Once they finish, Aubrey calls us. "Hands in. Remember 'a' on three. One, two." Only Aubrey, Chloe and I do it on time with the same pitch. "Let's give it up for the Barden Bellas'!" The announcer walks back stage as we make our way through the middle of the auditorium. We take our place on stage and I glare at Bumper, then see Greg smiling at me before we begin.

[Chloe]

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, yeah
I've got a new life
You'd hardly recognize me
I'm so glad
How could a person
Like me, care for you
Why do I bother, when you're not the one for me

[Aubrey]

Is enough, enough
I saw the sign
And it opened up my eyes
And I am happy now
Living without you
I left you all alone
I saw the sign
And it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
I saw the sign
I saw the sign

[Chloe]

Close your eyes
Give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame
Say my name
Sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely
Then you come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling
Is this burning an eternal flame

[Bri with Bellas' (Fat Amy)]

Turn it around
Turn it around
Turn it, turn it
Turn it around
Turn it around
Turn it, turn it
Turn it around
Turn it around
Turn it, turn it
Turn it around
(Oh yeah)
Turn the beat around
(Turn the beat around)
Love to hear percussion
(Love to hear percussion)
Turn it upside down
(Turn it upside down)
Love to hear percussion
(Love to hear percussion
Turn the beat around love to hear percussion
(Turn the beat around, you gotta turn it around)
Turn it upside down
Love to hear it
(Turn the beat around, you gotta turn it around)
Love to hear it love to hear percussion
Turn it around
Turn it around
Turn it, turn it
Turn it around
Turn it around
Turn it, turn it
Turn it around
Turn it around
Turn it, turn it
Turn it around

At the end, Fat Amy rips open her shirt, revealing, thankfully, the shirt under it. When we walk back to our spot, I see Greg smiling at me. "Great Flight Attendant fingers." He compliments to me silently. I jokingly take my middle and pointer finger and point them to the side and to the back. The Treblemakers perform 'Right Round' by Flo Rida.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for. The results of tonight's Regional competition. In third place, the Sockapellas. In second place, and advancing to this year's semi-finals, the Barden Bellas'!" We all smile and laugh feeling relieved. "And now, the winner of tonight's Regional competition, defending their crown the Barden University Treblemakers!" The boys run up onstage to get their trophy.

At least we made it to the semi-finals.