{Chapter 9} 'No, wait... stay.'

Bri's POV

"Put your hands together for the Barden Bellas'!" The crowd cheers after a man introduces. Aubrey blows the pitch pipe and we begin our set. Everything was going well until Beca added 'Bulletproof' to 'I Saw the Sign.' Aubrey glared at her every chance she could during the rest of the performance. But, I can see where both of them were coming from. Beca saw that everyone in the crowd was bored, but Aubrey was upset because she obviously had never added that to our set.

When we finish, we head backstage. "What the hell, Beca?" Aubrey almost yells, "Were you trying to screw us up?" "Are you serious?" Beca asks, clearly shocked. "News flash, this isn't the 'Beca Show'." Aubrey retorts. "Okay, I'm sorry that I messed you up, but, in case you hadn't noticed, everybody pretty much dozed off during our set." Beca points out. "It's not your job to decide what we do and when we do it. Why don't you ask the rest of the group how they felt about your little improvisation." Aubrey states and glares at Beca.

"Amy?" Beca turns to her. "It was cool, but it did take us a little bit by surprise." Amy shares, but takes Aubrey's side in the arguement. "Yeah, a lot by surprise. I told you she wasn't a Bella." Aubrey narrows her eyes at Beca. "Aubrey, no don't-" Chloe is cut off by Beca. "No, that's okay. You don't have to pretend your allowed to have a say in the group, right?" Beca slightly smiles at Chloe. The Trebles make their way down the staircase near us. "Your attitude sucks, you're a Grade-A pain in my ass, and I know you're hooking up with Jesse." Aubrey looks to Jesse, then back to Beca.

"Woah, woah, Aubrey calm down. We're not hooking up, I swear." Jesse waves off the idea. "Jesus Christ, that's perfect! Of course you're here right now! I don't need your help, okay? Can you back off?" Beca exclaims and the Trebles look over at us. Benji just announced, "Trebles, time to bring the pain." Beca turns back around. "If this is what I get for trying..." She walks away. I begin to walk after her, but Aubrey stops me.

"If you follow her, you're out." She crosses her arms. "Are you sure you're going to do that! I mean, seriously, you need me more than I need you." I laugh. She just looks at me. I notice a chair nearby and grab it, dragging it behind me as I walk. "Aubrey." Some of the girls begin to whisper. Suddenly, all eyes are on me. I turn around and see Aubrey still just standing there. "Alright." I walk a bit faster, but I'm still in the middle of the Trebles. "Aubrey, you know we need her." Chloe tells her. "No, wait... stay." Aubrey gives in. "Okay. Thank you, that would have been really embarrassing." I walk back to stand next to Chloe. Aubrey begins to get emotional as the Trebles walk by.

"Aubrey, it actually went really well." Greg puts a hand on my back and moves me to the side slightly, but not before whispering in my ear, "You did great." The Trebles end up winning, and the Foot Notes came in second. We didn't make it to the Finals. And I would never hear the end of it from Bumper.

||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||//\\||

It's finally after spring break, and I'm sitting with my brother and the rest of the Trebles. "No we should do this song. It goes better with the way I rap." Donald argues with some other Treble. Bumper was currently nowhere to be found. The Trebles were deciding what song they would sing at the Finals. I'm sitting next to Greg, and he has his arm around me as I text Beca, telling her that I probably wouldn't be back for a little while.

A few minutes pass, and my phone begins to vibrate, and I look to see that I'm getting a call. It's from Aubrey. "Guys, shut up." They all get quiet, and I answer the phone. "Aubrey?" I question. The boys can't hear the other side of the call. "Bri. We're going to New York. We got into the Finals!" She exclaims. "I'll see you in a little bit. Bye." I hang up the phone and smile.

I stand up and sigh happily. "What's up with you?" Unicycle wonders. I smile even more. "Well, let's just say that the you will be seeing the Bellas' in Lincoln Center again this year. If you can't comprehend that, I have to go to Bella practice." I point toward the door. "Yes!" I yell and do an front aerial. Some of the boys laugh, but I continue walking to our practice room.

We're back pitches.