The predator and her prey

(A:N Picture is of Kaidan. Enjoy the chapter! ^-^)

Chapter 1 

Zhalia prowled closer and closer to the unsuspecting wolf that had his back to her. That was his first mistake; his second mistake was to underestimate her, the predator. She mentally smirked as Kaidan, her older brother; lay sprawled on a giant flat rock, dozing lightly. Closing in on her prey, she watched as his black ears twitched. Silently, she crouched down before suddenly pouncing on her poor brother who had the shock of his life.

“Argh! What the-Zhalia? What were you thinking? I almost attacked you!” Kaidan got over his shock and turned on Zhalia who rolled her eyes.

“You shouldn’t have underestimated me and if I was an enemy then you wouldn’t even be alive. Seriously, what wolf takes a nap out in the open?” Zhalia laughed as Kaidan pouted.

“I wasn’t really taking a nap and I totally heard you coming!” Kaidan insisted.

“Yeah right!” was his sister’s reply.

Grumbling, he shifted back into a human and stretched. His grey shirt and jeans felt so comfortable. Shaking his raven black hair out of his blood red eyes, Kaidan pointedly looked at Zhalia.

A few minutes passed.

“Shift back would you?” he sighed as she cocked her head to the side in confusion. She stuck her tongue out at him playfully before shifting too. Her green dress rippled in the wind as she turned into a human. Her clothes stay with her when she shifts. When she is a wolf and shifts back her clothes are still on. When she’s a wolf she doesn’t have her clothes, they only appear when she’s human so whatever she was wearing before she shifted into a wolf would be what she wears when she shifts back into a human.

“Let’s go back to the village, it’s getting late,” Kaidan suggested as his sister glanced at him lazily with her amethyst purple eyes. She was the only one in the pack with purple eyes. The alpha’s family would normally have blood red eyes but Zhalia was born with purple eyes. This confused the pack but they accepted the unnatural occurrence over time.

“Can’t we just stay for a bit longer? The sun’s not even gone down yet!” Zhalia pleaded.

Kaidan looked away as she tried to use her puppy dog face on him. “No, we need to go now!” He had developed a counter against her puppy dog face over time. All he had to do was look away and be firm. He smirked as she growled.

“At least help me up!” Kaidan pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation before bending down. He grasped her arm and quickly but gently pulled her to her feet.

“Thanks Kaidan and…race you back home!” Zhalia smiled cheekily before sprinting off into the woods where the midnight wolf pack was located.

Kaidan blinked stupidly at his sister’s back, which was getting further and further away. Her long raven black hair streamed behind her as she ran into the woods, disappearing from view. He snapped out of his stupor before shooting after her. “Hey, you got a head start, cheater!”