Chapter 40 Caspian

I was about to go after Rose, but it felt like Aslan's gaze kept my feet stuck to the ground. Very sweetly played horn music rung my ears - and not normally are horns sweet- and me and Peter parted to see 6 mice, one lying on a stretcher. I recognised it to be Reepicheep.

As soon as the two mice carrying the stretcher laid it down, Lucy rushed over with her healing potion (who knows how it works, but it fascinates me) and dropped a little in the panting mouse's mouth. It was silent now, as the soldiers had been rounded off and taken back to the field of battle and only the sound of Reepicheep' panting was heard.

" Oh...thank you, your majesty, thank you" Reepicheep spoke between long breaths, and Lucy smiled up at us.

" Oh hail, Aslan, it is a great honour to be...oh OH...ah I am completely out of countenance! I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion...ah...perhaps a drop more?" Reepicheep spoke, raising his voice at different levels.

" I don't think it does that..." Lucy frowned, obviously feeling sympathetic and guilty as she couldn't do anything more.

" You could have a go!" Reepicheep encouraged, but was stopped by Aslan's chuckles.

" It becomes you well, small one, but why need it?" Aslan's voice showed that he was wise, like REALLY wise, do you think he has lived more than 100 years?

" Well, its for balance and helps with fighting and direction-" But before Reepicheep could speak anymore, another mouse stood forward.

" Sire, we can not stand another day, with knowing Reepicheep' pain, if he has no tail, so will we!" And at that all of the mouses held their swords at their tails.

" Not for your dignity but for the love of your people" Aslan spoke quitter, as a sudden surprised yelp came from the mice as Reepicheep turned around, well...sort of turned around to see a tail now, attached to him like it should.

" Oh...oh Thank you my liege, I will honour it with the greatest respect!" And then Reepicheep and his group scuttled off quickly, leaving us in silence.

Although Lucy just smiled at something the other direction, and as we looked we saw Trumpkin taking one glance and walking up to us. He bows ever so quickly, dramatically may I add.

" ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" Aslan roared, as Trumpkin seemed taken aback.

" Do you believe him now?" Lucy smiled, but cheekily.

Trumpkin let out an exasperated laugh, but went back to glancing at Aslan.