Chapter 19

(Caleb's POV) 

We both sighed when Tori's mom called for her. I'm not sure about her, but I felt a little relieved when it happened. Sort of a...saved by the bell...feeling. I've kept myself pure so far and I'd really like to keep it that way but the sad truth is...I could never...WOULD never say 'no' to Tori and honestly it hasn't been hard to stay pure. I haven't exactly had girls falling all over my my whole life. Well, other than fans that is... I'm gonna have to tell her later how I felt about it. 

I followed Tori down stairs to talk to her mom. "Yeah, Mom?" She asked as she walked into the kitchen where her mom, Bailey, was getting ready to make something to eat. 

"Are you hungry, babe? I think I'm going to make lunch," Bailey was too involved in her search for the proper pan so she didn't notice I was leaning against the door way. I really liked Tori's mom, she was originally from California and always had all these cool stories to tell.

"Actually, Caleb's here and we were just...umm," she looked at me and smirked, "getting ready to go out to brunch with his family. Is that okay?" Bailey finally looked up from her intense search and noticed me for the first time.

"Oh! Hi Caleb honney! I didn't even know you were here!" Her soft voice very soothing. She was sweet and very young, she married Tori's father right out of high school but I believe it was one of the few situations that actually worked out like that.

I nodded and replied, "Hello, ma'am."

"Oh please, dear! Cut that 'Ma'am' crud! You can call me Bailey!" She laughed and went back to her search. "Tori you can go with Caleb, I'll just make lunch for the kids. Have a nice time, hun. Caleb, will you be back for dinner?" 

I thought for a moment and then said, "I don't think so. We're having family night at my house tonight and my mom asked me to stay home." 

"Oh, alright. Well you two have fun!" We walked to my car where I opened the door for her. Before she slid into her seat she stood with the door between the two of us and gave me a tiny peck of a kiss. I closed the door behind her and hopped into the dirver's seat.

Half way to the coffee shop we found ourselves in a traffic jam. There was an accident up ahead but no one would give us details. I pulled over and asked a few people about it. I heard about 3 different names but the one I heard most often was the one that hurt the most. I started frantically looking for a police officer. When I found one I ran up and practically yelled in his face, "Who was it? Who died? What happened?!" 

The man ignored my rudeness and answered anyway, "Nathan Montgomery was shot once in the back of the head while walking down the street." My heart stopped and I ran towards the crime scene. I bent under the caution tape and nearly stepped on my brother's dead body. He was laying face down and stuffed in his hand was a note. I grabbed it, not caring a forensics. On the paper a message was typed:

'TOuch him again. Right now It's personal."

T.O.R.I.