chapter 39 Edmund

Where on earth to Peter go? Honestly.

Caspian and I were the first to be out, into the broad daylight, after spending a long run in the shadowy forest.

By the time, we had got there, the Telmarines had stopped suddenly, at the beginning of the bridge.

 " What is it now?" Susan moaned, as she went on her tippy-toes as she was the tallest out of us 3, surprisingly. But only slightly.

The soldiers had turned around at the back, to make sure we didn't attack, and then Peter was by my side again.

" Where d'ya go?" I mumbled, but I still watched the soldiers.

" Lucy" He smiled, as she was now next to me and Susan.

" Oh" My eyebrows came out of their knitted position, and back to their average space on my face.

No Laugh Intended.

But before we could say anymore, Susan yelled.

" ITS ROSE!" She whispered and we could now see clearly as she had stepped forward onto the bridge from the other side.

Me and Peter exchanged faces of happiness. Because none of us, knew what had happened to her...

She took out her sword and place her other arm on her hip.

" Don't you people ever learn." She smiled cheekily, but she tried not to.

Everyone just stayed there, it was quite silent actually.

Because at that very second, a familiar lion stood next to her, which seemed to not worry the soldiers one bit.

Oh, they are going to regret that.

" CHARGE" The head yelled...stupid stupid stupid.

All of us, just stayed there, even if the others behind us wanted to move, we ordered them not to.

Because we knew.

1.....2.....3

" ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR"

The mighty chatter from the soldiers died down and they were taken aback as well.

The roar seemed to ripple the water.

And then at that moment....

The water went down, the soldiers trying to wade themselves through had nothing 'to' wade through.

What seemed like a mighty wave came from the one direction of the river. It came at mighty speed, and as it had rolled itself to its highest, it made an symmetrical shape to a god....most likely Poseidon.. 

Me and my books....

Why am I talking about books in a time of need? Anyway..

The wave creature thrashed at the bridge causing it to split and break, as the many soldiers jumped  off in fright and some not purposely.

The man on the horse was now the only one left on the bridge...He was the one that caused this, HE was the one that killed Miraz.

The bridge was now only a wooden patch, barely tied together, and was held by the creature.

It took one second, for the soldier/general to look into the crystal eyes, and then was engulfed throughout the waves.

The river quickly subsided back to flowing freely down, as if nothing had happened. It was only the pieces of flowing wood that were giving it away. and the soldiers. and us... Oh whatever.

We had the Telmarines surrender and give us their weapons. That sounded really harsh... It was a good surrender...

However we quickly treaded through the water, and out the other side to face Rose and Aslan.

We all bowed, our heads forcing us to look at the destroyed ground.

" Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia..." And as us four stood up, it was only Caspian bowing down.

" All of you" Aslan boomed, as Caspian head turned up in realisation.

" I do not think I am ready.." Caspian mumbled and much to our surprise, Rose ran behind us, treading through the water they way we had come and joined the fuss on that side.

" Its for the reason I know you are" And at that Caspian stood next to me, pride seemed to rush through him, and at that very moment a sound of horns was heard.