Chapter 18

As Belle was making her way back into the village, a voice inside of her keeps on saying for her to go back. But Belle was intent on saving her father. She got back into the village and saw that she was just in time before the carriage, that was holding Maurice, was about to leave. Belle saw that there was a crown in the village square holding torches and pitchforks.

"STOP!" She yelled as she blocked the carriage.

She jumped down from Philippe and ran towards the door of the carriage. There she saw her father trapped inside.

"Papa," she said.

"Belle," her father said in shock.

"Let him out!" She exclaimed. "He's hurt!"

"I can't do that miss but we'll take very good care of him." A thin old man said to her in a monotone voice. He sounded as if he's said that sentence thousands of times.

"My father's not crazy!" She said. She faced Gaston and he looked familiar to her. To her, she looked like the ginger haired boy named Ron who was Harry and Hermione's other best friend. "Gaston tell him!"

"You know how loyal I am to your family but your father has been making some unbelievable claims," he lied to her.

"It's true Belle," Mousier Jean agreed. "He's been raving about a Beast in a castle," he explained.

Belle felt unbelievable fury inside of her as she listened to him speak. "I've just come from the castle and there is a Beast!" She exclaimed.

Gaston scoffed. "You'd say anything to set him free. Your word is hardly proof."

"You want proof?" Belle held the mirror and showed the townspeople the only proof that she has for her father's sanity. "Show me the Beast." She showed the Beast to the townspeople and everyone gasped and shook in shock when they saw him. "There's your proof."

Gaston took the mirror in his hands and looked at the Beast with such hatred and disgust. "This is sorcery! Look at this Beast! Look at its fangs! It's claws!" He yelled.

"No! Don't be afraid. He's gentle and kind," she tried to explain to the townspeople.

"The monster has her under its spell. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she even cared for him!"

Belle got more angry when Gaston called Adam a monster. She knew that he was anything but that. "He's not the monster Gaston, you are!" She shot at him. "The Beast wouldn't hurt anyone!"

"I've heard the effects of dark magic but I've never before seen it with my own eyes!" He exclaimed. "This is a threat to our very existence!" He yelled and a lot of people agreed with him. "We can't have her running off to warn the Beast! Lock her up too."

"NO!" Belle yelled and tried to fight but she was thrown into the carriage making her hit her head and go unconscious.

-

"Holy cricket! You're Harry Potter!"

Hermione remembered when she first saw Harry Potter in person. She found Harry quite cute while she found his best friend a little weird. As the years have passed, Hermione found herself beginning to like Harry in a way that's more than friends. She didn't want to go down that path since one wrong move and that friendship might get broken and won't get restored. So Hermione just kept herself silent. She has no idea that that was one of the worst mistakes of her life.

Hermione remembered the secret glances that she would give Harry. The silent wishes she would make for him just to notice her more than just his brilliant best friend but as something more.

More memories of her and Harry began to rush back in her mind. One was of when she and Harry were at the woods, running away from a werewolf. The other was of them traveling back through time together. Now they were on Buckbeak but Hermione is scared of heights. So she clung on to Harry really tight and it somehow got her to calm down. Being with him always calmed her down and makes her feel really safe.

"You're brilliant Hermione truly."

Brilliant!

The word that Harry would always use to say that she's done a really wonderful job. It was the compliment that would always make her blush but she'd never show it.

It was then Hermione started to remember the Yule Ball. She wanted to Harry to ask her but it was a long shot. She was quite flattered that Victor Krum was interested in her and asked her for a date. That Ball held one important memory to Hermione. She remembered that she was in her room crying because of Ron's words. She also remembered Harry apologizing for Ron's behavior and giving her a rose. Harry could always make her feel special.

Another memory played in Hermione's mind. The most special one that she's grateful to have gotten back. It was of her and Harry dancing badly to the music of the radio. They would just smile and laugh around with was a wonderful feeling to have after the depressing days they've gone through. That was also the moment that Hermione saw that her feelings for Harry never really went away and she knew that it never will.

-

Hermione opened her eyes and saw that she was inside a carriage with Maurice inside. She remembered that in this life, she's Belle and Mr. Weasley is her father, Maurice. She made her way to the door and saw that everyone was gone.

"I need to warn him. I need to warn the Beast!" She said.

"Warn him? How did you get away from him?" He asked her.

"He let me go," she told him. "He sent me back to you."

"I-I don't understand," he said.

Hermione had no idea what could make Maurice believe him but then she remembered that she took something, a remembrance, when she and him went to Paris. The Paris of Belle's childhood. It was a rattle shaped like a rose. His eyes widened when he saw what's was in Belle's hand.

"Where did you-"

"He took me there," she explained. "I know what happened to her."

"Then you know why I had to leave her there. I had to protect you. I've always tried to protect my little girl. Probably too much."

"I understand," she smiled at him. She took another look out of the carriage window. "Will you help me now?"

"It's dangerous," he said.

"Yes," she agreed. "Yes it is."

Maurice thought for a second before an idea came into his mind. "I could try to pick the lock," he suggested.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade