Chapter 7

Belle opened her eyes and looked around the room in confusion. She was shocked when she saw that she was in a very fancy room, fit for royalty. In a flash, yesterday's events came back to her, almost knocking her flat on her bed.

As much as Belle wanted to go back to sleep with the cute children she was with, she couldn't. Being a farm girl got her body to wake up really early and sleep early too. A knock on her door was made and Belle scrambled from her bed and opened the door. On the other side of the door was Lumiere with Plumette.

"Good morning mademoiselle," Lumiere and Plumette bowed at Belle.

"Good morning."

"Forgive me if we woke you up," Lumiere said. "I'm just here to tell you that breakfast is served."

"No. You didn't. I was already awake."

"Ah that is good then. Come now miss, follow me to the dining room. Plumette here will start to clean your room."

"Oh no. I can clean my room," Belle offered.

"Mademoiselle we insist," Plumette said. "It's our job."

It didn't take long to persuade Belle to go to breakfast since her stomach began to grumble and she really wanted to eat. While Belle and Lumiere were walking around the castle, she saw that there seemed to be some life in the castle today. Since while she was walking around yesterday, the castle seemed so lonely and dead.

"Mademoiselle after breakfast, we should have Madame DeGarderobe design you a few castle dresses. Is that alright?"

"That does sound good," Belle said.

She would've just suggested that she would create her own dresses but then she thought about the people or furniture here. They want to make themselves useful and Belle doesn't want to sound selfish.

"Wonderful! I'll tell Mrs. Potts to inform Madame DeGarderobe. I'm certain that she'll prepare wonderful dresses for you unlike yesterday," Lumiere laughed. "Apologies for that miss. She was just very excited to dress you. I'm certain she still is now but she'll make something wonderful for you."

"Thank you," Belle said.

"No. No Madame. Thank you for letting us serve you."

Belle smiled at what Lumiere said and then he seated her on the dining table. She ate her breakfast with a lot of gusto. Everyone was glad that she enjoyed the food again. While Belle was eating, she looked around the empty room. Then Mrs. Potts came in with her son offering her more tea.

"Excuse me," Belle said.

"Yes dear? What do you need?"

"Where is he?" She pointed at the other side of the long table. She knew that the Beast sat there since there was food prepared for him.

"He's still asleep dear. You wake up earlier than him and we're pretty sure that you don't want to see him yet." Mrs. Potts told her.

Belle nodded, thanking her silently since she clearly doesn't want to see him.

-

After breakfast, Belle went back to her room and saw Madame DeGarderobe and Mrs. Potts preparing some cloth.

"Ah good you're here. Let's start," Madame DeGarderobe said.

It took a while but Madame DeGarderobe proved herself to be amazing in dress making. Now Belle has tons of dresses which she was thankful for. She put on a new dress since the others wanted the dress in which she came here, to be cleaned.

After a while, Belle got so bored so she decided to go to Plumette. She found her and a few others like her cleaning. She wanted to help her and the others do their cleaning. Ever since she came here, they started to clean the castle. Trying to place it back to its former glory.

Plumette didn't want to let her clean at first since she was their guest but Belle said that she wanted to do something to make herself useful. Plumette understood what it feels to be useless which is why she let Belle help.

When Plumette told Belle that they don't need her for anything, Belle saw Cogsworth and Lumiere playing chess. Belle knew nothing about chess since her father never taught her how. The way she and her father bonded was different from others. A sad sigh escaped Belle's mouth when she remembered her father.

"Excuse me," she said.

The attention of both Lumiere and Cogsworth were both on Belle instead of their game. Their serious faces were now replaced with a huge smile.

"That chess right?" Belle asked.

"Yes it is," Lumiere said.

"You want to play?" Cogsworth asked.

"I don't really know how to play," Belle admitted.

"Well we can't have that. Can we Lumiere?"

"Of course not," Lumiere agreed with his friend.

"Come here. You'll learn how to play from the master and you'll never lose a game," Cogsworth said.

"I never thought you thought I was that good in chess my friend. But yes, when you learn from me, you'll never lose," Lumiere bragged.

"I was talking about me," Cogsworth said.

Lumiere scoffed. "You call yourself a master but you always lose."

"That's because you always cheat!" Cogsworth exclaimed.

Lumiere continued on teasing Cogsworth and forgot about Belle. She didn't mind at all that they forgot since she found their bickering very entertaining.

-

Lunch and dinner came but nothing that much happened. Belle and the beast were avoiding each other which is why they didn't see each other that day.

After dinner, Belle was walking around and about. When she saw Mrs. Potts, she decided to approach her.

"Is there anything you need dearie?"

"Do you have a book around here? Anything I could read?"

"I'm fairly certain that there's something you can read here. Do you love to read?"

"Oh yes. Very much," Belle smiled.

"Let's see if we can find something for you."

"Thank you. I don't understand why you're all being so kind to me," Belle said. "Surely you're all as trapped here as I am. Don't you ever want to escape?"

"The master is not as terrible as he appears," Mrs. Potts stated. "Somewhere deep in his soul, there's a prince of a fellow who's just waiting to be set free."

Belle doubted that that could be true. She knows that a prince must be kind, loving and gentle, everything that the beast isn't. Speaking of the beast, her mind drifted off to the West Wing.

"Lumiere mentioned something about the West Wing," Belle started. She hoped that Mrs. Potts might be able to give her some details on what might be in there.

"Never you mind about that. Off to bed now poppet," Mrs. Potts said.

Belle started to walk on the stairs which could either lead to the West Wing or the East Wing. Even if Belle was on the east side of the stairs, her gaze was still on the stairss that were leading to the West Wing. She looked back and saw that Mrs. Potts were still looking at her.

"Straight to bed," Mrs. Potts told her.

Curiosity filled Belle on what could be on the West Wing. Curiosity has always been a trait of Belle that she couldn't stop. It's the reason why she loved reading that much. Belle had an internal battle with herself. If she should go to the East Wing or the West Wing.

Her curiosity got the better of her and her mind was already made up.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade