Chapter 12

As much as Belle didn't want to leave the library, her stomach told her that it was time for dinner. The Beast found it a little amusing to find this headstrong and fearless girl that he once knew, now having the time of her life in the library. Before they left, Belle took a random book that she's found interesting and so did the Beast. As they walked back to the dining room, Belle still couldn't wipe off the huge smile that was on her face.

"Thank you," she told him. "For showing me the library," she continued.

"Your welcome," he said.

"Would you like to go out for a walk tomorrow?" He asked her.

"A walk?" Belle asked in disbelief.

"Yes," the Beast nodded. "A walk around the castle."

Belle nodded and they continued walking in silence in the dark halls.

"So, will you?"

Belle looked at the Beast with a smile on her face. She was a little shocked with how much the Beast has changed. She remembered when he yelled at her, asking her to go to dinner with him. Now he was asking her to walk with him tomorrow and he wasn't yelling. He was like a normal person.

"I will," she beamed at him.

When he was certain that Belle wasn't looking, the Beast smiled.

He was excited for his walk with Belle.

-

With a book right in front of them, they both ate their dinner. Sometimes, they would sneak a few glances at each other when they think that the other wasn't looking. They just couldn't help it. They couldn't help themselves.

"What are you reading?" Belle asked the Beast since she really wanted to talk to him.

"A book of poems," he simply told her.

"Is it good?"

"Yes. It is," he nodded. "I could give you another volume I have after dinner."

"Thanks," she smiled at him.

After that, they continued eating their dinner. The Beast had a small problem with the soup. As a prince, he knows the right spoons to use but he can't really use spoons and forks now since he's a Beast. So to be able to drink his soup, he dug in, literally. When his soup was already gone, he looked at Belle. He thought that she'd look at him with disgust but she didn't. She just smiled and sat up from her seat and up to the Beast.

"What are you doing?" The Beast asked.

"You have something on your chin," she said.

She took the Beast's handkerchief and wiped away the soup that was on his face. The Beast didn't say anything and just stared at her. When she was done, she flashed him the most beautiful smile.

"There all done," she moved away from him.

The Beast was a little disappointed when Belle moved away from him. He enjoyed having her that close to him.

"Thank you," he told her.

Belle just smiled at him and when he couldn't see her face, she blushed. She had no idea what came over her. She just had this urge to go to him and wipe away all the soup on his face.

"Your welcome," she told him shyly.

When they were done eating, both Belle and the Beast went to the library to take the book that the Beast was talking about.