Chapter 9

"Days in the sun, where my life has barely begun. Not until my whole life in gone, will I ever leave you."

That night, the Beast dreamt of many things. Firstly, he dreamt of that time when he was saying goodbye to his mother who was dying. It was a sad day for the kingdom when she died. They all loved their Queen and were depressed when she left them.

The Beast woke up from his dream and sighed sadly. In truth, he missed his mother and despised his father. No one has ever cared and tended him just like her when she was alive. He would give a lot to be able to feel her care again. Tonight, even if with all of the yelling, he felt that care with Belle while she tended to him.

"Why did I save her?" The Beast asked himself.

He remembered the first time he saw Belle. She was the first person who wasn't afraid of him and stood up to him. He admired her bravery and selflessness with the way she saved her father. He didn't want to admit it but when he has met her, he felt as if he was complete, somehow. He felt a certain pull from her which is why he made himself scarce when she was there. He didn't make himself known but he silently watched her the entire day, observing her.

Then when he yelled at her, he really regretted it when she was gone. He didn't even think of going after her at first but then, it's as if someone else was controlling his body. He then sought out for her, planning to bring her back to the castle with him. He felt happy when he saw her but when he saw the wolves surrounding her, he felt angry.  He attacked the wolves with the only goal in his head was to protect her.

When the wolves were all gone, he felt weak. He thought that Belle would leave him there. He silently pleaded for her not to and despite the pain, he was happy when she saved her.

As he went back to sleep, he began to dream about a girl and a boy. The girl has frizzy hair while the boy was wearing glasses and he had a scar shaped like a lightning bolt on his forehead. The Beast noticed that the girl looked exactly like Belle while the boy looked like him.

Meanwhile, in the West Wing, Belle was really tired herself with all that has happened. As she was slowly drifting off to sleep, a thought came into her mind.

"How in the midst of all this sorrow, can so much hope and love endure?"

"I was innocent and certain, now I'm wiser but unsure."

"I can't go back into my childhood, one that my father made secure."

"I can feel a change in me, I'm stronger now but still not free."

As she closed her eyes, she began to dream again. This time, she only dreamt of Harry and Hermione. She wondered where the other boy, Ron, was but later on, she forgot about him.

Little did the both the Beast and Belle knew that they were having the same dream.

Or should I say, memory.

-

"Let's go," Harry said.

Both Harry and Hermione were in the woods, deep in the night. They stopped after a while and watched as a wolf was going to attack the other Harry. Hermione made a wolf howl causing Harry to panic at first.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked.

"Saving your life," Hermione simply said. Then she howled again causing the wolf to run away from the other Harry.

"Thanks."

But their victory was cut short when they realized that he was now coming this way. They ran as fast as they can away, hand in hand. They stopped and hid behind a tree. The wolf was near and they know it.

When they thought that the wolf went away, they slowly walked away from the bark. Looking at the side of the woods where they thought that the wolf was. Only it was behind them the entire time.

Harry saw that Hermione was the first person of which the wolf was going to attack since she's the one nearest him. He pulled her close to him and shielded her with his entire body. He closed his waiting for the excruciating pain to come but it never did.

Both Harry and Hermione opened their eyes and saw that Buckbeak was the one fought the wolf for them. When the two of them were far enough from the wolf. They were about to continue their mission but then Hermione stopped and held Harry's hand really tightly.

"Hermione what is it?" Harry asked with concern.

"You were willing to die for me," Hermione said with a small smile.

"Of course," Harry said. "It's because I-I," Harry stammered.

Hermione held her breath, hoping that what he's going to say next is what she's always been dreaming of.

"It's because we're best friends," Harry said causing Hermione to frown. Thankfully, Harry couldn't see her face because of the darkness of the night. "And I care for you Hermione."

Hermione sighed and accepted that this was all she could have from Harry. She smiled and hugged him tightly.

"I care for you too Harry."

-

When they thought that the dream was over, it wasn't. Now it was just Harry and Hermione in a castle like the one they were in. One came from the East Wing while the other was from the West Wing. They stared at each other intently, as if they couldn't believe their eyes. Their hands touched and sparks flew in their entire bodies.

"Harry."

"Hermione."

"Thank you for saving me again from the wolves," she thanked him.

"Of course Hermione. I will always save you."

"Like I would always save you," she said with a smile. Harry smiled and the both of them hugged each other.

"Harry?" Hermione said in a whisper.

"Yes Hermione?"

"We won't get tired of saving each other right?"

"Never," he promised.

"Now, how about let's help these two figure out how they feel for one another," he proposed.

Hermione smiled. "Let's do that."

It was then they saw the sun starting to rise. A frown covered both of their faces as they slowly inched away from each other.

"Until we see each other again," Hermione said.

Harry nodded sadly as he watched the sun slowly rise. "Hermione I-I."

"Yes?" Hermione said.

"Goodbye." Then Harry disappeared from her sight.

She sighed sadly. "Goodbye Harry," she whispered, then she too disappeared.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade