Chapter 8

As soon as Mrs. Potts was gone, Belle made her way into the West Wing. She walked and walked in the dark corridors until she stepped into a large room. She concluded in her mind that this room was the Beast's room. She didn't feel afraid and walked around.

Then she saw a painting which was sadly ruined by scratch marks. She looked closer at it and saw that there were two boys and one girl. Both the faces of the two boys were filled with scratch marks except for the girl who was left untouched.

A vision of a picture of two boys and one girl showed in Belle's mind. One of them was wearing glasses and has a scar shaped like a lightning bolt on his forehead. The other has ginger hair and seemed a little awkward. While the girl has bushy hair and she has this certain type of confidence that was visible even if it was just a picture. Even with the physical differences, they were all wearing huge smiles and black robes.

Belle recognized them as the kids from her dream. She remembered that their names were Harry, Ron and Hermione. She looked back at the picture and saw that the people there were nothing like the picture she just saw. But she took a closer look and saw that the little boy in the painting looked like Harry. Belle took another step closer to the painting but then she heard a noise coming from the balcony.

As she walked around inspection what was making the noise, her attention was taken away by a rose. Now another vision played on Belle's mind.

There was the girl who looked like her wearing a beautiful pink dress but she was crying. She was crying in her room. Then she heard a knock from the door.

"Just a minute," she said. She quickly wiped away the tears and put on a fake smile for whoever was at the door.

When she opened it, she saw that it was Harry in his dress robes. His hair was a little long though from the last time Belle saw him and older. Belle also noticed that Hermione seems older too and prettier.

"Harry what are you doing here?" She asked.

"I just wanted to apologize for Ron's behavior," he took a breath. "And I wanted to give you this." He showed her a red rose and handed it out to her.

Hermione gasped and took the rose from Harry's hand, making their hands brush. They felt a certain spark but they didn't tell each other that.

"Thank you," Hermione breathed out.

"Anytime," Harry said with a boyish smile.

They stood there in silence for a while until Harry lifted his hand and tucked in a stray lock of hair inside Hermione's hair making her blush.

"You looked very beautiful tonight Hermione. Victor is a very lucky guy," he told her. "It was a shame that we didn't get to dance."

"Yes it was," she agreed.

"Well goodnight."

"Goodnight."

When the vision was over, Belle remembered what triggered that vision. It was the rose that was in the room. It wasn't just any rose though. This rose was inside a glass cylinder. It was just floating on its own and has gotten Belle intrigued. She slowly lifted her hand to touch it but before she could the Beast came out of nowhere and surprised her.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" He yelled. "What did you do to it!?" The Beast said covering the rose with his body.

Belle was scared out of her wits and she wondered why the Beast was so protective of a rose. "Nothing," Belle breathed out.

"Do you realize what you could've done? You could've damned us all!"

What is he talking about? Belle wondered.