Chapter 14

Adam had believed everything that Harry told him. He opened his mind and he was now Harry. He remembered his past, his other life. But the same couldn't be said for Belle. Her mind was closed somehow, she didn't want to believe what Hermione told her.

So, Adam woke up but not Belle

-

The next day, both Belle and the Beast were having their daily walks, as if the dream never happened. Belle now was wearing a new cloak that was made for her. The Beast complimented her with it and it was the only conversation that they had. They feel as if everything changed with that revelation.

When Adam and Belle were already by the castle doors. They were about to go inside but then Philippe trotted towards them. Belle immediately calmed him down while Adam got himself a safe distance Philippe, scared since he might frighten the horse and he might kick Belle.

"Come here," Belle said to Adam. Encouraging him to touch Philippe.

Adam was a little hesitant at first but when Belle took out her hand for him to take, he took it without skipping a beat. With Adam's paw on Belle's hand, she put his paw on Philippe with her hand on it. Belle couldn't help but feel a certain spark when she held his hand. Adam looked at her with a look of shock since Philippe didn't run away from him, Belle gave him a nod saying that he was doing well.

"There's something sweet," Belle said to herself. "And almost kind. But he was mean and he was coarse and unrefined," she continued. "But now he's dear and so unsure, I wonder why I didn't see it there before."

An idea went into Belle's head when she saw the snow. She took a handful of snow in her hand and turned it into a ball. With a huge smile on her face, she threw the ball on the Beast, hitting him. Adam saw the snowball and saw Belle who was laughing a melodic smile and had a wonderful and bright smile on her face. Adam then stopped up all the snow that he can and with all his strength, he threw it at Belle who fell down and hit her head on the cold snow. Seeing Belle's shocked face made Adam laugh.

Adam then ran to her, seeing if she was alright. He was relieved when he saw her smiling face on the ground. He offered her his hand and she took it.

"Let's go have our dinner shall we?" Adam told Belle as she dusted the snow off her cloak and dress.

"Sure," she said.

The both of them walked inside the castle and into the dining room. While Belle was eating, she wanted to take a few glances towards Adam. Since she was now Hermione, she knew that the boy in front of her was Harry and even in his beastly state, he still looked handsome.

"She glanced this way. I thought I saw," Adam said to himself. "And when we touched, she didn't shudder at my paw. No, it can't be. I'll just ignore but then she's never looked at me that way before."

Adam then sat beside her, the whole time staring at Belle's brown eyes as he walked towards her. When Adam took the seat right beside her, Belle then took out her spoon and the both of them drank their soup together. Belle smiled nervously and Adam felt nervous. That was until they heard a neigh right outside.

"No. No. I'll do it," Adam said when Belle was about to stand up.

Belle wasn't given time to reply since Adam left the room and went outside to see what was wrong with Philippe. When Adam left, Belle finished her dinner and went to her room where she continued reading until she fell asleep.