Chapter 11

**Morgans POV**

I woke up on my bedroom with 'Get well' cards and gifts scattered across my huge bed. I sat up, noticing the stitches on my leg.

"Hey baby," my mom said coming in, and sitting on my bed.

The flashbacks from the scene fled into my mine. I sat up, and she held my other leg, the one that wasn't cut.

"Morgan, I need to tell you something." She said, looking down, I could tell she was holding back her tears.

"A student was shot, Morgan."

My eyes went wide,

"Miranda Louis was shot."

Miranda, Hayes' ex.

My eyes started watering, Miranda and I hated Eachother, but what you didn't know was we were best friends k-5th grade. Lilly, Caitlyn, Hannah, Miranda, & I. The fab five. The truth is we were never popular. We had Eachother, that was it. She knew I liked Hayes, but went after him anyways.

I started crying, and got up from my bed. I limped towards the door.

"Honey, where are you going?" My mom said walking towards me.

"I need to see hayes," my eyes were watering and she nodded.

"I'll drive you, okay?" She handed me my crutches.

She was on the phone with someone, talking about Miranda and I. When he line ended, she looked at me.

"That was Elizabeth, Hayes' mom."

"Oh," I said.

"She said she isn't there but Hayes and Nash are." I nodded as we arrived at Hayes' house. It was wet, and gloomy outside. I walked up to the door, but Hayes already had it open. I walked in side and he pulled me into a hug, as I cried into his shoulder. He carried me up the stairs and put me on his bed. He plopped next to me and cuddled next to me. I put my head on his chest, I felt his tears soak in my hair, as I rubbed his stomach trying to calm him down.

I looked up at him, his face soaked.

"It will be okay," he said.

I nodded and looked away. He grabbed my hand and I smiled a little bit.

"This whole thing was a tragedy. I didn't even pay attention to her, like as a friend. And we dated for awhile." He said, sniffing.

I tightened my grip, holding onto his hand.

"Thank you for being here, Hayes." I added.

I looked up at him and he smiled.

"What's the point of all of this?" He asked, sitting up. I sat up too,

"The point of what?"

"Like why do these tragedies happen? Like what's the point."

"The world will never know the reasons why any of this happens. It's just, well life."

He nodded, and got his phone. I looked at it.

157 text messages.

My eyes went wide, and decided to check my phone

210 messages

I decided not to respond to any, and just set my phone down.

Hayes did the same and we looked at each other.

"Thank you for saving me," I smiled.

He nodded and played with my fingers.

"You're welcome, Mo." He finally spoke. He stopped everything he was doing and looked down at my lips.

He started leaning closer, and closer, and closer. Until finally, our lips met. I was feeling mixed emotions. Happy, excited, greedy, and well, let's not share the last emotion.

I'm pretty sure you know what this emotion/sensation I'm feeling you would feel too if Hayes was kissing you. He was irresistible.

After everything that's happened, this made it ten times better.

"Morgan."

"What?"

"Can I tell you something?"

I nodded.

"I love you. Maybe it's too soon, or maybe it's not, but I love you, Morgan Rose. It may be sappy, but I've had the best time."

I smiled,

"I love you too."

He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Promise?"

"I promise."